Thread: ww2 replica 1911?

Feedback Score

ww2 replica 1911?

I would like to buy a 1911 that is fairly true to ww2 guns. Something I can shoot and enjoy but doesnt break. At some point in the future I would love to buy a real ww2 gun but in the mean time Id love just to have something to enjoy and not worry about so much.

Does anyone have any experience with auto ordinance or some of the other cheaper manufacturers? I know you get what you pay for generally but there might also be a gem or two out there to consider. Not wanting anything flashy just a replica ww2 gun that will reliably fire fmj rounds.

Feedback Score
    I have a both a Springfield GI and a loaded model. I initially had ejection issues with the GI but a few adjustments to the extractor took care of them! As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with the Springer GI as a WWII-style pistol; as long as you don't mind parkerizing rather than bluing. They can be had for a fairly decent price as well! Not to mention Springfield's CS is top notch!

If you want something cheap to shoot in the meantime, check Academy. My buddy just bought a Gov model Citadel (made by Armscor I think) for $499. It seems to be a halfway decent pistol for the $$. It's not a WWII style (it's a similar setup to my SA loaded) but it'd get you out shooting 'til you find your dream gun!

Tapatalked
    Last edited by jessfest; 03-09-12 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    Also, you can build your own Caspian.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessfest View Post
    I have a both a Springfield GI and a loaded model. I initially had ejection issues with the GI but a few adjustments to the extractor took care of them! As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with the Springer GI as a WWII-style pistol; as long as you don't mind parkerizing rather than bluing. They can be had for a fairly decent price as well! Not to mention Springfield's CS is top notch!

If you want something cheap to shoot in the meantime, check Academy. My buddy just bought a Gov model Citadel (made by Armscor I think) for $499. It seems to be a halfway decent pistol for the $$. It's not a WWII style (it's a similar setup to my SA loaded) but it'd get you out shooting 'til you find your dream gun!

Tapatalked
    I'll agree. The GI is not only a great starter 1911 but it's a great one if you're trying to keep the original looks. +1

Quote Originally Posted by plaskon View Post
    Also, you can build your own Caspian.
    Not something I'd recommend based on the post.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the Springfield G.I. M1911A1, the grips, and hammer are all wrong but easily replaced. The most "authentic" in appearance M1911A1 out there is probably the Auto Ordnance.

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/Firearm...-1911PKZSE.asp

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Why not just get a Colt WWII repo? Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    Love to get the colt but they are about 1000-1200. Im looking for more economy in mind.. Anyway, Ive let a few GI springfields get away from me on a local message board. They seem to be harder to come by these days.

How is relaibility with fmj with the auto-ordinance?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have both the Colt and the GI Springfield. If you can swing the Colt, do it. My Colt WWII repro is one of my favorite .45s. The Springfield is rougher all around but shoots well. I have no complaints with either.

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind I have no direct experience with Auto Ordinance. But based on what I have read you are taking a gamble with them. The SA G.I. model is a good way to go. The Colt WW2 repos are great if you can find and afford one. Have you looked at one of the new Colt series '70 models? Very close to what you are looking for.