Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where can I get a good small stove for camping/emergencies?

Feedback Score

Where can I get a good small stove for camping/emergencies?

I'd like to find a small compact one I can bring on hikes or use if I need to leave in a hurry. Single burner, small is what I'm looking for. I just don't want to get one and when I really need it I try to fire it up and it doesn't work or only half of it does.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    REI, Cabelas, Campmor, any of these sits should have what your looking for.
    Aim Small Miss Small

Feedback Score
    +1 for REI and Campmor. I've used both of them in the past with frat experience. I particularly like Campmor's sale/clearance section. You can find some great prices their.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    convert a 5.56 ammo can to a wood stove.... small, portable, and versatile.... use it for both heating and cooking... never have to worry about running out of fuel..

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=71486

http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showth...ght=ammo+stove
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 03-09-12 at 13:12.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    Have you checked your local wal-mart?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    REI is great!!! The stoves from JetBoil and MSR (I have both) are absolutely good-to-go. Great gear, ultra dependable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd echo RIDE's comments: the Jetboil PCS or MSR Reactor. They are comparable products but have different strengths. Goggle "Jetboil vs MSR" or some similar terms and read through several reviews to determine which unit is best for your needs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    REI is great!!! The stoves from JetBoil and MSR (I have both) are absolutely good-to-go. Great gear, ultra dependable.
    I second that

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've had a MSR Dragonfly for about 12 years and it has always been ultra reliable. It's small enough to store in my backpacking cookware and it can burn just about any fuel. Boils a quart of water in about 3 minutes.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast