Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Follow up on GEN3 G19.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In your trouble shooting, you've either proven that a bunch of extractors are bad, or that something else entirely is the problem. Move on, try replacing the ejector or something. Unless I missed that in the thread....

Feedback Score
    It's strange. I've got a G22 police trade in that was made before the current situation. I've got a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel for it an an AA .22 kit. 9mm barrel dropped right in and has fired without a problem since I got it. Same with the AA conversion. So the older guns will fire fine even with an extractor and ejector made for adifferent caliber. Talk about the good old days! Wonder how conversion barrels have faired as a whole on the newer guns?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    ... from the 500th-600th rounds fired, the trigger shifted from normal Glock "feeling" to at least triple the trigger pull weight. ... an old non-dog leg trigger bar made the gun run right again...
    I had this happen to me last night. Newly built Polymer80 G17 with Glock LPK. Shot fine for 250 rounds (plus a ton of dry firing) then all of a sudden got supper heavy on the trigger. I had a police armorer look it over and he couldn't diagnose the problem either. I performed a full strip at home and upon reassembly the trigger feels normal. But I am nervous that it could crap out on me when I least expect it. Now I will keep a spare trigger bar on hand, just in case.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    bringing threads back from the dead, are we?

next time you have the trigger bar out, stone polish all the contact points. don't remove material, just polish to a shine.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    bringing threads back from the dead, are we?

next time you have the trigger bar out, stone polish all the contact points. don't remove material, just polish to a shine.
    Thank God for the wisdom of dead threads!

I did polish my trigger bar and connector, just yesterday, before the problem started. Maybe I took off too much material and the underlying metal, even though it looks pretty, gets "sticky" when it's hot causing the bar and connector to bind up.

I found a very similar description in another dead thread and they concluded that a drop of oil between the trigger bar and the connector makes everything right with the world. I can't wait to get back to the range now to test the theory...
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/wh...1426977/page-2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345