Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody under 30 carry a 1911?

Feedback Score
    HA I did the same thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangman View Post
    Yeah, I went to respond to this thread, & say heck yeah, then realized I'm over 30 now. Ahh....the sobering moments...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    26 and I've been carrying a 1911 for 4 years now. Though there are days I'll slip the HK45C in an AIWB. All depends on my mood.

Honor First

H
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."-Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangman View Post
    Yeah, I went to respond to this thread, & say heck yeah, then realized I'm over 30 now. Ahh....the sobering moments...
    lol...I did the same thing.....didn't even get my first 1911 till I was 32

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jason0311 View Post
    I saw this thread and "yeah everyday". Then I realized I will turn 30 in two years. The goodtimes are over for sure.
    That's not 'til you're 37, have 4 kids, been married 8 years, and realize THEN that you're NEVER having sex again, for the REST of your LIFE...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I carry a SACS Professional Operator and Dan Wesson V-Bob rotatingly and I am 25

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying mine for the past 2 years. Unfortunately I turned 30 a couple days ago People often ask me what I'm carrying when they see it and when I tell them it's a 1911 a conversation usually develops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    No plastic for me, but not a 1911 either. I carry a Beretta 96 almost exclusively and I'm 27.

I have carried/shot my dads G26 a little bit this weekend and its really a nice gun, I can see why a lot of guys carry them. I doubt I'll ever be one though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    24 here I carry a 1911 from time to time.

But since purchasing my glock 19 it has gotten most of my attention.
    OEF X-XI

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't know if I qualify yet, I turned 21 in late January and just got all of the paperwork into the courthouse on Wednesday, so I'm just waiting on license to come in the mail. And I just got my 1911 on Wednesday as well. I'll probably rotate between it and my Glock 19 at first, to see which I prefer carrying, but unless I feel there's a huge difference, I think I may stick to the 1911 until I can shoot my Glock a little better. Figure I should probably carry the one I'm better with. I don't even have 50 rounds through my 1911, but I have shot others better than I shoot my Glock, which has probably just a few hundred rounds. I'd like it if I could get a few hundred more through each of them in the next few weeks before I can start carrying, but there's no way that'll happen. Junior year of college sucks...

And as for preference, I didn't grow up shooting at all, sadly. I grew up dreaming about it but that's about it and shooting in video games haha. I've always been more partial to 1911's though, they always appealed to me as such a classic that still really was badass. And a quality one just looks so much more commanding than a Glock. My dad has had one since before I was born, but I didn't see it for the first time until a few years ago.
    Last edited by Wake27; 03-11-12 at 23:18.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll be 50 in a couple of months and haven't carried a 1911 professionally in over 26 years. I am not missing it one bit.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast