Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody under 30 carry a 1911?

Feedback Score
    I started carrying a 1911 when I was 26. I am 32 now and still carry it when I wear my flip-flops.
    I am not an expert, nor do I play one on the internet.

Feedback Score
    I'm 33 now, but I started carrying a 1911 when I was 28.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    A product of under a quarter century, and been carrying one for over three years.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    i started young.

carried a springfield MC operator when i turned 21, carried it for 3 years then switched to a glock 19.

it was just much more practical. the weight savings was worth the switch.
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm 24. I foolishly carried an SA Loaded when I got it as my first 1911 last year for the centennial. I'd been in love with the platform for a long time and wanted a reason to hang a big ole' Gov't .45 on my hip. However, now that I've learned a lot more about the platform from this and other forums, I realize the kind of dedication and attention to detail I need to have in order to run the 1911 platform for the purpose of defending myself. At the moment, due to the fact that I'm trying to finish up my degree, I can't dedicate that kind of time and funding to a 1911 I can trust my life to.

Today, I carry a Glock, but I'm saving up my pennies for the tooling and schooling to hopefully become my own armorer and maybe,some day when I've got the money and time, roll my own semi-custom 1911s.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zodtgr8 View Post
    I'm 24. I foolishly carried an SA Loaded when I got it as my first 1911 last year for the centennial. I'd been in love with the platform for a long time and wanted a reason to hang a big ole' Gov't .45 on my hip. However, now that I've learned a lot more about the platform from this and other forums, I realize the kind of dedication and attention to detail I need to have in order to run the 1911 platform for the purpose of defending myself. At the moment, due to the fact that I'm trying to finish up my degree, I can't dedicate that kind of time and funding to a 1911 I can trust my life to.

Today, I carry a Glock, but I'm saving up my pennies for the tooling and schooling to hopefully become my own armorer and maybe,some day when I've got the money and time, roll my own semi-custom 1911s.
    I can understand that. I got a very small glimpse last night when breaking mine down for the first time haha.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

Red face

The day I turned 21 bought a 5" SA Loaded model. Took my CCaw training with it, carried it for years. Now in the Glock phase, but now finding myself carrying a 4" 1911 a lot now. They just feel right.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I will turn 30 this year and have carried a Nighthawk Custom GRP Recon for the last couple years.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    31 here.

Satrted carrying a 1911 when I was 27. I usually carry a Glock 19 but I've been shooting 1911s almost exclusively this year.

Feedback Score
    24 and carried a 1911 for the past few years. Prob switching to a Glock soon, not because of preference.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast