Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody under 30 carry a 1911?

Feedback Score
    I will be 37 soon.

I was raised on 1911's, BHP's and S&W revolvers. As a kid I always shot the 1911 the best. As a young adult, the 1911 was my top pick. I was always the one to point how a 5" 1911 conceals IWB easier than a double stack 9mm.

I have carried a handgun daily for the past 16 years (duty/off duty and as a citizen).

I carry Glock 9's, 40's and an M&P45.

That said, I think it is un-American to not own at least 1 1911. There are just better, more cost effective, easier to maintain and generally more reliable options for a self defense weapon.
    Last edited by Oscar 319; 03-12-12 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    I started at 27 with a 1911, recently switched to M&P. Main reason for switch was ammo cost, not so much platform.

My son will probably carry a 1911 when he becomes old enough. He is obsessed with both my Compact SA (3 inch) and Colt (Full Size).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just bought an SA Loaded Stainless that will see some carry time. I can't wait. Probably in a shoulder rig..Galco lite, perhaps.
    "Amateurs study tactics. Professionals study logistics."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    since I was 21
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I carried my old Colt CCO for about a year when I was 22. Then I got over the "OMG TRIGGER!", realized that I had 6+1 on board and the rise in ammo cost put the final nail in my decision to find a better mouse trap. I'm 28 now and strapped with an M&P9C after a brief flirtation with a Glock 19. The change from Old Slabsides to the plastic fantastic was one of the better decisions of my 20's so far...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been carrying a 1911 since I was 22, I'm 32 now and started carrying a Glock 17 or occasionally an M&P9 about 2 years ago, or a little less. I've owned Glocks and M&Ps off and on for a long time, but recently decided they were the better choice for my needs.

I still do appreciate 1911's and have never fallen into the 1911 vs Glock BS. I'll use or carry whatever works best for me at that time.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying since I was 21 and still carry my springfield pro from time to time when I can (depends on weather/clothing since I'm like hobbit sized).

I can shoot it better than other designs, and think that this might be useful when shooting under stress.

I mostly pack the g26 or g19 nowadays though.

I'm currently 27.
    Last edited by QuickStrike; 03-12-12 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I turned 30 just over a week ago. My first carry pistol (age 21) was a 1911 GM. I switched to a G19 a couple of years later, due to the weight savings, capacity, and cost...but ol' slabsides was my first.

Feedback Score
    I am 25 and have only had my SA Mil Spec 1911 for two years. I carry it where it's legal to do so. I do not prefer the 5" barrel, but it is all that I own at the moment. I hope to own a 4" model some day.
    "I would rather be tried by 12 of my peers than carried by 6 of my friends."
    - Unknown

Live Free or Die!

Feedback Score
    Im 25 and carry my SA MC Operator in kydex everyday, and it rides in my seat organizer in my patrol car at work. Never leave home without it!
    "If I charge, Follow me. If I Retreat, Kill me. If I Die, Revenge Me."
    LEO
    USMC

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast