Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Buyer Beware

If this should have been posted in Ammo & Reloading, I apologize. If it needs to be moved, perhaps one of the fine Mods on these forums could do that for me.

I ordered 500 rounds of Mk318 Mod0 ammo from US Armorment. The transactions was great and I have no complaints other than the lack of an insured shipping option at checkout. The order was shipped via FedEx Ground. The shipping label claims it was shipped at 15 pounds and US Armorment claims it was shipped as a sealed case of 500 rounds. When I received it it was 6.60 pounds and only contained 11 of the original 25 inner cartons of ammo. I just wanted to remind everyone to make sure that you have an insurance option when ordering online. Hopefully, I will get back the $100 that Fedex automatically insures each package for. If that is the case, then I am only out $142 for the missing ammo and another $18 for shipping charges. A fairly inexpensive lesson learned, but it still really pisses me off that it happens.

I have requested that US Armorment add an insured shipping option at checkout and at the very least place the clearly marked ammo cases into a plain shipping box or tape over the identifying markings on the exterior of the cases before shipment.

This post was not intended to step on toes, just to inform. I appreciate the forum space for my minor rant. God bless all those who stand in harms way on my behalf.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I had a similar issue, I contacted the dealer and they sent me the difference in ammo. Have you tried that?

Feedback Score
    Carrier will transport small-arms ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Hazardous Materials section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as hazardous materials. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.

http://www.fedex.com/us/freight/rule..._articles.html

That's from fed ex. I'm pretty sure many states require the box to be labeled hazardous and/ or ammunition so covering up those labels may be a no no.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I spoke with them about a possible discount against a similar purchase and did not receive a positive response. Thank you for trying to assist with a helpful option though.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I just recently ordered 420 rounds from bulkammo.com and when it showed up there was only 300 rounds in the box. I called bulkammo and the other 120 rounds are on their way.

Call the company you bought it from, Im sure theyll send you the missing ammo.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gunzenuf View Post
    I spoke with them about a possible discount against a similar purchase and did not receive a positive response. Thank you for trying to assist with a helpful option though.
    Wow really that's BS on there part. My experience was with cheaper than dirt, not the greatest retailer but I was missing half of a case of 500. I called them and they got back to me a day later and said they were shipping a new case and didn't ask for the old half one back.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbocharged View Post
    http://www.fedex.com/us/freight/rule..._articles.html

That's from fed ex. I'm pretty sure many states require the box to be labeled hazardous and/ or ammunition so covering up those labels may be a no no.
    It may be, but that would make the insured shipping option that much more important. However, could you not label a shipping carton as ammunition without advertising it in bold print that it was $0.80/per round ammo? I understand a thief is a thief, but there has still got to be some risk vs. reward involved. I guess my question is, would they have cut open a box marked "RIFLE AMMUNITION" or did the words "FEDERAL AMMUNITION TT556TNB1 5.56 MM 62 GR OTM RIFLE CARTRIDGES" written all over the box lead them to target this particular case of ammo?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After a second email, there will be no help or discount forthcoming for the missing ammo on the part of the retailer. I would have appreciated some assistance, but that would have been solely at their discretion. No use complaining over something that is obviously not going to get fixed. They did agree to file my Fedex claim for me (shipper has to file the claim), so at least they were willing to do that. Not great CS, but I have had worse over more expensive items.

If something changes for the better (or worse) I will let you know.
    Last edited by 1gunzenuf; 03-12-12 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Did you pay via CC? You can always dispute the charges/get a partial refund from the CC and let them go after the merchant. While it may not be their fault they haven't necessarily done due diligence by not insuring packages and their CS sucks donkey balls if they won't offer you some refund/discount/ammo. Visa is usually nice to card holders. :thumbup:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gunzenuf View Post
    If this should have been posted in Ammo & Reloading, I apologize. If it needs to be moved, perhaps one of the fine Mods on these forums could do that for me.

I ordered 500 rounds of Mk318 Mod0 ammo from US Armorment. The transactions was great and I have no complaints other than the lack of an insured shipping option at checkout. The order was shipped via FedEx Ground. The shipping label claims it was shipped at 15 pounds and US Armorment claims it was shipped as a sealed case of 500 rounds. When I received it it was 6.60 pounds and only contained 11 of the original 25 inner cartons of ammo. I just wanted to remind everyone to make sure that you have an insurance option when ordering online. Hopefully, I will get back the $100 that Fedex automatically insures each package for. If that is the case, then I am only out $142 for the missing ammo and another $18 for shipping charges. A fairly inexpensive lesson learned, but it still really pisses me off that it happens.

I have requested that US Armorment add an insured shipping option at checkout and at the very least place the clearly marked ammo cases into a plain shipping box or tape over the identifying markings on the exterior of the cases before shipment.

This post was not intended to step on toes, just to inform. I appreciate the forum space for my minor rant. God bless all those who stand in harms way on my behalf.
    wait... so are you saying they only sent 11 of the 25 pkgs? or are you saying the package was damaged and some contents were missing?

one is a vendor issue, the other is the shipper. either way, I'd expect the vendor to get behind this...
    never push a wrench...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast