Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The importance of owning a precision capable rifle?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    funny discussion.

a long range rifle is plain and simple an offensive weapon. I make NO apologies for it and treat is and train with it as such. I wont pretend it's some defensive personal protection weapon any more than I pretend my carbine or battle rifles are such.

Our ability to project force over distance is a MAJOR part of our tool kit that protects us against tyranny. Creating fear in those who would take from you IS a valid and required part of being an American. If you lack the means and ability to project force, then you are not doing your part standing on the line being "the consequence" of bad behavior.

So, YES... a long range precision rig IS a needed part of your arsenal, as is the training and knowledge to use it effectively. If you are not a threat to tyrants then that just places a larger burden on those of us who are.
    Very well said.

Feedback Score
    You're all ****ing stupid for owning precision rifles. There is no possible reason to ever own one, because you're never going to need to use it. Pistols, and carbines are much more realistic.

Precision guns, semi, and bolt are totally useless.

I'll PM you guys later with my address so you can send the guns to me, so I can get rid of them for you.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    I like the extra challenge of shooting at distance, but barring that... I don't really have a legitimate "reason" for owning an AR with a scope on it.

At least that sounds legitimate and reasonable to people who don't "get it", anyways.
    Last edited by Six Feet Under; 07-16-12 at 11:28.
    “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” - William James

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Because I live on a ridgeline. And should the need EVER arise, I want to CONTROL the high ground.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Basically, it is a personal decision as to whether or not you mount or use a scope on a rifle.

The idea behind using scopes on rifles has been repeatedly justified by both the British and American military forces. The British started it off by going to the SUSAT. We brought scopes to bear with our ACOG. Scopes do more than just help make a long distance shot. A tactical scope enhances overall accuracy for shots also done at close range. A tactical scope like a Millett DMS-1 really isn't for long range more than it is for increasing speed of engagement and increasing accuracy. EOTech scopes get used like the Millett DMS-1 scope as does the Aimpoint. So if you opt to use a scope, it is your decision. You can select one for close range combat, long range precision or to be used to offset low light conditions like nighttime and dark areas in buildings.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910