Thread: Problems with form 4

Feedback Score

Problems with form 4

Well, I sent in my form 4 about 6 weeks ago, and about 2 days ago it was promptly returned to me with a "corrections" sheet.

Apparently the mistake I made was that I sent in the form as I downloaded it from the BATF website; I filled it out on my computer, and I printed it, but only using one side of the paper, ie, not front and back.

In other words, the corrections sheet was highlited where it said
    "Application not acceptable if front and back are not on same sheet of paper".

So they returned my application along with 2 blank copies of the form 4.

So here's my 2 questions:

1) Is it acceptable for me to fill out the new form 4 by hand? (I havent figured out how to print the form 4 from the BATF website to have it come out as front and back on the same sheet of paper so I really hope that filling it out by hand is acceptable).

2) will I have to wait another 6 weeks or more for the corrections to go throuhg and get my stamp?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I eagerly await your replies/advice!!!

Abdon

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have seen people use 3M spray adhesive to join the two pages together as the ATF wants.

You can fill out the Form 4 by hand if you wish though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdon View Post
    So they returned my application along with 2 blank copies of the form 4.

So here's my 2 questions:

1) Is it acceptable for me to fill out the new form 4 by hand? (I havent figured out how to print the form 4 from the BATF website to have it come out as front and back on the same sheet of paper so I really hope that filling it out by hand is acceptable).
    My last F4 was handwritten in black ink, signature in blue ink, sent in with a double sided copy of same. No problems as it was approved.

2) will I have to wait another 6 weeks or more for the corrections to go throuhg and get my stamp?
    I would say no. They already cashed your $200.00, assigned you an examiner, and if it was a trust, corp, or individual, they have your miscellaneous forms, so whatever you send in now should go directly to your examiner and shouldn't take long for approval.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I made the same mistake with my SBR forms (Form 1?). I just corrected it as prescribed and there was no delay in them getting it back to me. As far as I can tell, when they ask for a corrections, they have already done the investigation and are just making sure the paperwork is in order.

Good luck!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I havent figured out how to print the form 4 from the BATF website to have it come out as front and back on the same sheet of paper
    It's not hard. When you print the F4, tell it to print the first page only. When the page comes out of the printer, put it back in the paper tray again, only upside down. Then tell it to print the second page.