Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What light do you run with your 1911?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

What light do you run with your 1911?

I have an MC Operator, SA Pro Operator and Cot Rail gun. My surefires, which I bounce around on my guns, do not fit snug on any of these 1911's. I have played around with changing the bars that Surefire offers, but none have fixed the play. They work fine, it just bugs me. On my plastic guns, it's perfect solid lock up.

Anyone have a work around on this issue or any feedback on a true fix.

Thank you 1911 gurus in advance.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Funny, your experience is the exact opposite of mine, the X300 was the only one that fit mine without any play. I did have to swap to what I believe was the universal one when I moved it to my M&P in order to get it to lock in.

I'm no guru by any stretch of the imagination, but when I was using an Insight light, it had a lot of play and while this may not be the ideal solution, I fixed it by taking one segment of a ladder rail cover, trimming it and sticking it in one of the other rail slots. It took a few tries to get it just right and it was tougher to get the light on though, but that held it in place nicely with minimal play.
    Last edited by doriwoogie; 03-18-12 at 03:21. Reason: edit spelling

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    X300! That's what came with my GRP and it fits perfectly!!!!
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    I have a TRL-1 on my SW1911. No perceptible play. I have run about 5k rounds with the light mounted. I also have a TRL-1s. Same deal. Less rounds overall, but no play. The screw-type mount does get a bit annoying at times, but neither have worked loose on me on 300+ round shooting days. My M&P has a VERY slight front/rear movement on the TRL-1s if I really pull on it, but like you said, it does not seem to impact the use of the light.
    I am not an expert, nor do I play one on the internet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    X300, which is snug on the rail of my Nighthawk GRP Recon. Is the movement front to back in the rail, or is it loose on the rail?
    Last edited by Street Dog; 03-18-12 at 15:37.
    "Illinois, where political corruption is not just a way of life, it is the state motto".

Feedback Score
    X300 on a Nighthawk enforcer here.. Mine wouldn't slide back far enough on the rail to engage the notch. First magazine and it popped right off! I had to take a dremel and take a bit off the rear of the light, fits perfect now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    X300 and TLR1 and 2 rotating on ARs, glocks, 1911s.

I'm no even going to insult your intelligence by asking if you have looked and used all of them. I haven ran into this problem. Have you contacted surefire or Springfield? I know their CS is great.
    Last edited by fixit69; 03-18-12 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    X300 on a Sig TacOps...tight as a frogs butt.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    2 X300's and one IMPL by virtue of having the DP light rail.

One of the X300's is tight on both, one just isn't. I have the same issue, with my other three X300's on various 1913 foreends (Troy, DD, and Centurion) that they have that bit of wobble.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Only got one railed 1911 (out of the 4 I own). Streamlight TLR-1S for me.

Crimson Trace grips came factory on my Ultra Covert II, though! Does a laser count?

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast