Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same Old Questions, Different Person..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Same Old Questions, Different Person..

Ok, I probably waited to long to start another AR build with the world ending, prices going up etc. oh well. For a long time I was just going to buy a DD, then I switched it up and was going to buy a Bravo upper, and piece together whatever lower I find. Now Im considering a spikes upper, main reason is its a complete upper with bcg etc. and it would still be a few hundred less than a Bravo without the bcg. Any reasons I should go ahead and get a spikes and piece a bravo together later?

Thanks guys
    Go Balls Deep

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoot 1st View Post
    Ok, I probably waited to long to start another AR build with the world ending, prices going up etc. oh well. For a long time I was just going to buy a DD, then I switched it up and was going to buy a Bravo upper, and piece together whatever lower I find. Now Im considering a spikes upper, main reason is its a complete upper with bcg etc. and it would still be a few hundred less than a Bravo without the bcg. Any reasons I should go ahead and get a spikes and piece a bravo together later?

Thanks guys
    Youll find a lot of negative opinions here towards spikes because of supposed shady business practices and questionable quality years ago. I don't think many are going to tell you to run out and buy spikes over BCM. That said, my experience with spikes products has been much the same as with BCM and DD, I consider spikes to be equal in quality with generally lower priced stuff. They do push some gimmicky, unnecessary items. I think most people who have used spikes would tell you that you can't go wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes lately as in the past year or so I have been hearing good things about spikes for the most part. This upper will be kept simple, I want my wife to be able to pick it up and use it with no issues. Its always good to save money, and I know Bravo has earned their rep, and for good reason, but saving $300+ over another upper including bcg is very tempting.
    Go Balls Deep

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If cost is you prime motivating factor, Spikes is a good option.
    I would personally recommend a Colt, DD, or BCM if you want to stay in the carbine gas "solid duty weapon" category. You can get a 6920 upper with BCG, CH, and MagPul MOE HG for around $550.
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=6920MPU
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its a mid length moe handguard spikes upper im looking at.
    Go Balls Deep

Feedback Score
    You could always consider building your own upper with "top tier" parts and save a few bucks, assuming you have the necessary tools already and have some idea of how to do it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a spikes lower for a build. The quality was good. There are better out there. It you would not be dissatisfied with it. The only issue I've ever has is that god forsaken t-2 buffer. Semi, maybe but f/a, it's impossible.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks guys
    Are you in a major hurry? Is a couple of hundred bucks really worth sacrificing over rather than getting a VERY high quaility rifle/carbine from DD or BCM? I personally would just get the DD or BCM and not look back that way you won't have those "what if I bought...." questions down the road. As many say "buy once, cry once".
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score

Thanks guys
    FWIW, I bought this BCG from Spike's. It retailed for 149.95 and I found it for 114.00, I bought two of them.

Here is the picture.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

To go with these I bought two of the mid-length uppers for 399.00 from BCM, so far to date I have about 250 rounds through one and about 150 through the other.

Feedback Score
    Spikes sells good products for a good price. I suppose they could charge more if that makes people think they are getting a better product, but you certainly are not going to get more value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast