Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Same Old Questions, Different Person..

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    As mentioned, you can pick up a Colt upper complete with Colt BCG, charging handle and various Magpul gear for $550 from Grant. Why would anyone choose Spikes over that?

As for Spikes vs. BCM, I think the answer is obvious. Spikes is very good quality and much better than the commercial spec garbage out there but they do have more quality control issues and questionable products than the top players such as BCM, Colt, DD, LMT, so on.

My advice: Get the Colt upper from Grant because it's the best deal you'll find on an upper, period. If you don't want a carbine length gas system then get a BCM upper - it's worth the extra cash.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That Colt 6920 URG w/Magpul accessories for $550.00 has been out of stock for quite some time. It was a ridiculously low price when it was available. Whether Grant can even get that URG for that price today remains to be seen. For example, G&R has a 6920 URG in stock that comes with M4 handguards for $471. Add a Colt CH and a BCM BCG and your at $630. You can't get a BCM equivalent complete URG without a rear sight for less than $585. Trying to compare apples with apples, is the OP really able to get his Spikes Midlength complete URG for $300? If so, where? The cheapest I've seen a Spikes Midlength complete URG is @ $485-$500. Though I haven't found one in stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12