Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the consenses 2 or 4 MOA Dot

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What's the consenses 2 or 4 MOA Dot

As far as the Aimpoint ML3 goes which is the better dot to get the 2 or 4MOA ???

I'm currently using the ML2 with a 4MOA. But I'm thinking of upgrading to the ML2. *** Thank for the help.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Many feel that the 2 moa gives more options; essentially you can give yourself a 4 moa if you just up the intensity of the dot.

An AR can certainly take advantage of the better precision that 2 moa offers...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My thinking is that if you're going to use the 3x magnifier then go with the 2 MOA, if you're going to run it alone, go with 4 MOA.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    My thinking is that if you're going to use the 3x magnifier then go with the 2 MOA, if you're going to run it alone, go with 4 MOA.
    I have a 2 MOA C3 and a 4 MOA C3 (like ML3 but only good to 5m submerged). Just got a 3X Aimpoint and have to agree with Rob. The 4 MOA is what I am used to; however, the 3X magnifier needs the 2 MOA dot.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2moa M3 here. You can make a small dot bigger, but not the other way around.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Gentlemen, *** Thanks for the sage advise.

Thanks guys for the sage advise. This is a great site.

Here's wishing you & your famalies a happy & safe New Year.

Fraternally yours

Jimmy Ward

Feedback Score
    FYI regarding Aimpoint sights and using the Aimpoint 3X magnifier. The 3X does not magnify the size of the dot per se. When the 3X magnifies the target/threat the dot is magnified in relation to the target/threat. Thus the size of the dot stays the same in relation to the target/threat. That all said when magnifying a 4 MOA Aimpoint sight you now see more of the target/threat and realize you can shoot more precisely thus the preference for the 2 MOA. My preference is for the 2 MOA for all applications, because if I need a larger dot for CQB I dial up the intensity and I can still dial it down for longer ranges.

However, 4 MOA is more than adequate for target/threat engagement out to 300Ms and is good for range estimations. 4 MOA = 4" circle on target/threat at 100Ms. 4 MOA = 8" circle on target/threat at 200Ms (avg. human head is 9" in circumference). 4 MOA = 12" circle on target/threat at 300Ms (avg. human chest is 19" in width).

Also, Magnification or NV placed behind any Red Dot Sight is the HIGHLY recommended preference. When you place magnification or NV (even the UNS) in front of any Red Dot Sight or ACOG you will get a shift in Zero.

S/F

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Hey, What are you guys thinking about this new red dot with a variable sized dot from 1 to ~10MOA???? Millet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know anything about it. You are the first person I've heard talking about it. I'm sure the Shot Show will reveal a lot of new things for us to blow all our money on. For now, it's hurry up & wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast