Thread: BOBs/BIBs/Trunk Guns/Gear in General...how do you secure yours?

Feedback Score

BOBs/BIBs/Trunk Guns/Gear in General...how do you secure yours?

With the recent trends, and like most of us, it seems that we keep some decent gear in our POVs. some just pistols, their bob bags, rifles, ammo, spare mags, etc...

I am familair with the Truck Vaults, but for those of us who drive 4 door sedans/sports cars etc, how do you guys disguise/secure your gear?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like to hide my stuff in plain sight. Conventional-appearing packs/bags/cases/containers in non-tactical (or at least blendable) colors like tan/khaki. All, further obscured with stitched on labels for other brands or fan-wear. Toolboxes, instrument, or sports cases for firearms. Discrete cases (ala the Eagle discrete LE), too.

I travel a lot, and this has served me well.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I like to hide my stuff in plain sight. Conventional-appearing packs/bags/cases/containers in non-tactical (or at least blendable) colors like tan/khaki. All, further obscured with stitched on labels for other brands or fan-wear. Toolboxes, instrument, or sports cases for firearms.

I travel a lot, and this has served me well.

Interesting, tool boxes? Isn't that gold for would be thiefs?

I am in the beginning phases, but I want to make my trunk my primary storage compartment, with some type of extra security...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    TruckVault does have sedan models that may fit in the trunk of your car. I am trying to get some put in our two new Chargers at work. Appear to be very durable and secure.

Trunk Vault Series

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    I am in the beginning phases, but I want to make my trunk my primary storage compartment, with some type of extra security...
    Honestly, if someone is going to bust into your TRUNK, I don't think a non-safe type box will stop them either, as they have crow bar or tools already in hand... Your TRUNK is your security... I'd just use a low-profile padded case at that point.

Now a SUV, pickup or van is another story, as most cargo is out in the open, or covered, and a quick "smash & grab" will relieve you of your stuff. Here is where a locking cabinet could be put into use...

But I must also question AVAILABILITY of the locked up gun(s)... Think of the sequence of events that must happen for you to get to your rifle in such a secured location (usually in the back...) I can't think of too many "possible scenarios" with IMMINENT FEAR OF DEATH/HARM that would allow me the luxury of TIME to get to a fighting rifle. That would be a tough one to prove to a jury...

I think a "beat up looking" AR15, with top-notch and tested INTERNALS (like some of KevinB's sandbox carbines ), locked up in a POLICE CRUISER type weapon holder right next to the DRIVER/PASSENGER would be the best option for those who believe the need for such firepower. Maybe throw a towel of something over them...

I personally feel secure, AT THIS TIME at MY LOCATION on the planet, with just a good pistol and several mags... I have been thinking about how to create a secure area for an AR15 in my Toyota FJ Cruiser within quick and easy reach, but nothing yet...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837