Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6920 Talo?

Feedback Score

6920 Talo?

Hey all,

Ran this by a couple of people via messages and thought I'd run it out in the open.

What's the consensus on the 6920 Talo? I found one for 1250 out the door. I figure if I buy a stock 6920 and add the rail and rear sight it'll cost more.

Just wondering-thanks

The Bear Jew

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    It is like any other Colt product - you can't go wrong with one.

Buy it, and be done with the whole ordeal...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    it's a standard SP6920 [even though they try to market them as LE models, the serial numbers all start SP, ergo SP model] and they add Magpul MOE grip, MOE stock, and a factory Colt forearm rail [not sure who makes this for them or if they actually make them themselves]. If you like the quad and the MP parts, then it's a top shelf gun. if you don't like that configuration, then get a standard SP 6920 - they can be had for roughly $1K to $1100. it's cheaper to buy the TALO if you want that config, if not then you're paying for stuff you don't need. either gun is tops.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelonsteel View Post
    it's a standard SP6920 [even though they try to market them as LE models, the serial numbers all start SP, ergo SP model] and they add Magpul MOE grip, MOE stock, and a factory Colt forearm rail [not sure who makes this for them or if they actually make them themselves]. If you like the quad and the MP parts, then it's a top shelf gun. if you don't like that configuration, then get a standard SP 6920 - they can be had for roughly $1K to $1100. it's cheaper to buy the TALO if you want that config, if not then you're paying for stuff you don't need. either gun is tops.
    It's a Troy MRF-DI quad rail - a nice piece of kit for the price. It comes with a MOE vertical grip, MBUS, and MOE trigger guard, as well.

Aside from a sling, light, and optic, this weapon has everything you could possibly need to get started with.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    At that price, I think it is a bit much for what you are getting. I am also not a fan of the roll marks on the gun (as they are WRONG). It is not an M4 and shouldn't have that roll mark.

For that price, you could get a one piece FFL rail from DD, LT, Troy, etc.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I am also not a fan of the roll marks on the gun (as they are WRONG). It is not an M4 and shouldn't have that roll mark.
    I'm curious - what roll mark should it have? Colt is producing a ton of 6920's in lot sof configurations - standard [SP and LE], magpul editions, limited editions, etc etc etc all with the M4 roll mark. I thought the switch over to the M4 roll mark was something every body was in favor of?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelonsteel View Post
    I'm curious - what roll mark should it have? Colt is producing a ton of 6920's in lot sof configurations - standard [SP and LE], magpul editions, limited editions, etc etc etc all with the M4 roll mark. I thought the switch over to the M4 roll mark was something every body was in favor of?

Since it does NOT have an M4 profiled barrel, it should have the RM that barrel normally has (pic below).

Colt has gotten away from the SP RM and has moved back to the LE. So the only guns with the SP RM will be these TALO guns.

We ARE in favor of the M4 RM AS LONG AS THE GUN HAS AN M4 PROFILED BARREL.

It’s like Ford re-labeling the Taurus to the "F-150."

C4

Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-21-12 at 08:48.

Feedback Score
    The one at the store and pictures I've seen has an M4 barrel. Is there something I'm missing?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BearJew View Post
    The one at the store and pictures I've seen has an M4 barrel. Is there something I'm missing?
    If the SKU is LT6720-R, then it is NOT an M4. If it has an M4 barrel, then my guess is that someone modified it (or the dealer just stuck a rail on it).

LT6720-R

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-21-12 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    I think there is some confusion...
    The Talo version is a 6920 with an m4 barrel and all the stuff described. So, having the new RM shouldn't be an issue with that rifle. The only thing I don't understand is that it says it's an LE but has an SP serial #.
    The picture you posted is of the 6700 series with the pencil thin barrel correct? If so, we are talking about 2 differnt rifles
    Last edited by BearJew; 03-21-12 at 09:37.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast