Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank God for Glock's Safety system

Feedback Score

Thank God for Glock's Safety system

So tonight my family and I are heading down the mountain (3200 feet up) to The Peddler steakhouse in Gatlinburg, TN...it had just finished raining HARD. The cabin we rented is dated, and has a balcony out to the parking strip. As I stepped down off the balcony to put my 2 year old daughter in her car seat, it happened. I slipped and fell hard....while falling I managed roll through the fall, while tucking my daughter and slammed down directly onto my Glock 23 in the 3' o clock position...and then set my unscathed daughter down as I continued on over and pounded my ****ing head off the ground. My G23 was riding condition 1 in a crossbreed supertuck. My iPhone and medication went flying down the damn driveway, and my family came out and were all flipping out...my daughter was standing there asking me "what wrong daddy you K" my wife is like " what happened" oh gee dear I saw a spider and just flipped out and dropped me and my daughter what do you think happened.

Well, long story short...I hurt like a bitch-wolf my Glock worked, my daughter is ok, and dinner was amazing despite bleeding out of multiple bodily locations

Feedback Score
    Wow, it could have been much worse. Its nice to know that a Glock will not go off after a good slam. Get well soon.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Glad that youre ok.
    when initially teaching my fiancee how to shoot a while back, i handed her a loaded glock 36, which she proceeded to drop. It did not fire when it hit the ground.
    i dont hand anyone loaded weapons anymore!

Feedback Score
    Pardon my naïveté but does Glock's safety system make it less prone to go off if the gun is hit hard over other manufacturer's guns like 1911's, Sig, HK?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Glad you and your daughter are OK! Sorry for the thread drift, but how did your Crossbreed hold up to that hit?
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrackers View Post
    Pardon my naïveté but does Glock's safety system make it less prone to go off if the gun is hit hard over other manufacturer's guns like 1911's, Sig, HK?
    No.

I'm just glad that you didn't get any additional injury from landing on the gun.

A Glock makes for a poor cushion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah they don't go off from being dropped. IIRC, there was a YouTube video of a guy that dragged a loaded glock behind his truck several miles to see if it would discharge. It didn't, and it still functioned fine when he stopped and untied it

Eta: found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vu2...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by SMETNA; 03-20-12 at 22:26.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All modern handguns shouldn't fire if they are slammed. I wrecked a 4 wheeler two years ago at 40 mph. The accident left an L shaped bruise on my chest from my XDm in the chest holster when I hit, then it flew out of the holster and 30 feet down the road. No damage at all to the pistol and no AD...

Glad you are o.k. !NvasiOn
    Last edited by AKDoug; 03-21-12 at 00:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by William B. View Post
    Glad you and your daughter are OK! Sorry for the thread drift, but how did your Crossbreed hold up to that hit?
    Miraculously, the Crossbreed Is unscathed too! The holster retained the gun perfectly. The whole shebang is ok...including my daughter...I feel like I've been hit by a car but I'll live. Hopefully Glock puts a Tempurpedic overmold grip on Gen 5's

Feedback Score
    Sounds like your Glock took one for you. If it hadn't been there, you could have jacked your hip up even worse...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast