Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank God for Glock's Safety system

Feedback Score
    The glock striker is not mounted until you pull the trigger, and it has a FP safety. If you protect the trigger from being pulled, it won't shoot.

Some other modern pistols may drop the hammer due to a heavy blow (specially if they have tuned sears/hammer hooks), but most have a firing pin safety that will prevent firing.

Now, if you have a pistol with sears/hammer hooks tuned for a light release, and it does not have a FP safety, all that is preventing an accidental shot in a situation like this is the hammer safety notch, and this is not a very positive safety.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Glad to hear your daughter is ok.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Glad to hear the daughter is ok. I flashed back to my own "tuck and roll" incident when my daughter was little.

It's incidents like this that reminds us why the extra few bucks spent on quality guns and holsters are worth it in the end. Most modern guns are drop safe, like the Glock is. But a lot of cheap holsters would have sent the gun flying down the driveway along with your phone.

Have your daughter put a ban-aide on your boo boo and give it a kiss. She'll get a kick out of it, and it will be the only thing you remember from the trip in 20 years.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I KNOW first hand of 2 1911's that went bang when hit hard, one was in condition 1 and when it went off it sheared the thumb safety, the other the safety was off and it went bang with no damage other than cosmetic to the gun.....

THAT said SOME MODERN firearms can and will go bang if dropped !

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Glad you're safe. Did you got to the Bullfish Grill? If not, you HAVE to go while you're up there. It's the only location in the world and is absolutely fantastic.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    I love happy endings. Good on ya. I love the split second presence of mind to manage the tuck to shield the little one, absorb the hit, release the little one and continue on your bouncing way. Nicely done!

Safety are to be appreciated. I once dropped a condition 1 BHP from chest height onto cement. It landed straight on the hammer. I was staring straight down the bore when it hit. I loved John Browning at that moment.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12