For those of you that are interested I will post my progress on my custom knife order from Gingrich Tactical Innovations, inspired from another thread, here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=88365

After looking at several of the knives that were recommended, most of which are extremely capable knives, I determined that in order to get EXACTLY what I was looking for, I had to go custom.

After a little research, I decided to go with Justin Gingrich because of his reputation as a quality knife builder, his experience with the style of knife that I wanted, and because he's a fellow Ranger. Actually, Justin and I were in the same unit in a previous life and we worked together on a couple of occasions, so he may have had a bit of an advantage.

After contacting Justin through email, I decided on two knives (one for me and one for the wife). I told him that the knives would be used for general bushcraft from chopping to firesteel. The characteristics of the knives would be as follows:

Knife 1:
4" Drop Point Blade, 5160 steel, 3/16" Spine, Black or dark grey finish, G10 5.5" handle, tan

Knife 2:
3.75" Drop Point Blade, 5160 steel, 3/16" Spine, Black or dark grey finish, G10 4.5" handle, tan

Communication with Justin has been great; he's emailed me daily with updates. So far he's sent a sketch of the larger knife:

I asked him to hold off on the smaller knife until I confirm the dimensions. I'll post more as the order progresses.

$