Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: which 3 knives?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Blackjack model 125 on my belt, for the heavy stuff. Basically a Randle knock off, super nice and very high quality and the convex edge is crazy sharp.
    Essee Izula around my neck, this is the do all knife. From gutting and skinning, to making fuzz sticks for fire starting, honestly I think it is the perfect knife.
    Any good quality locking pocket knife, Buck, Benchmade, Spyderco, earlier Gerber's and SOG's. Basically back up for the other two.
    These three are on my person when I go hunting or plan to be in the woods for more than a few hours. Truthfully I could probably just carry the Izula and it would be sufficient but I like having the Blackjack for big stuff and a folder in case I loose the Izula. I also carry a small hatchet in my pack when I hunt.
    The Blackjack could be replaced with a decent hatchet or even a tomahawk on an extended trip where fire building would be expected.
    Last edited by Chipper78; 10-19-14 at 10:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have to modify my earlier response.

I've just received a Fallkniven Volcano... OMG what a knife!! It's large but handles "smaller". It obviously wont do Izula type work (have one and love it) but has a much broader window of what it can do competently compared to similarly sized knives IMO.

That will replace the S1 I listed prior.

Feedback Score
    I have too many knives to count. Always have a quality folder on me but I am always finding new ones.

for my present dedicated camping set I have the Knives of Alaska Bushcamp/cub bear combo. Not expensive so they can be used and abused.

and the hunters hatchet

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic1 View Post
    A bit late to this thread, but here is my view, and a bit different than some.

From a weight saving point of view, I think 3 different blades is a bit too much. Ideally, you should choose one blade that you can perform:

-chopping with
    -fine work With
    -skinning

If I am bringing something else, it will be a folding saw/compact saw of some kind.
    I agree:

Hudson Bay
    Camp ax

BK 24
    No need for a folder. I think a small fixed blade is preferable.

BK 16
    An all purpose design.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Scrap Yard 1111, Swamp Rat Infidu, Caswell EDX or Hawk MUDD

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011