Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: compensator for 3gun rifle

Feedback Score

compensator for 3gun rifle

compensators are like anything else, everyones got one and theirs is always the best. i have never liked comping anything for the reason that i enjoy a good night shoot! but im going to bite the bullet and play 3gun... so
    who likes what and why?
    i like the idea of the battlecomp but everyone says theres is the best.
    i also like the warranty of PWS. and the FSC556

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/v...9&idcategory=6
    http://battlecomp.com/store/index.ph...g5b21g65t5cr41

HELP! i want to get it on and shot by the match on the 31st

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If you want to excel at 3-gun, get a no-compromise comp.
    Pushing this to the "Competition" sub-forum, as it will give you the purest responses.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    thank you.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For the shooting I've done with competition the SJC Titan, Benny Hill Rolling Thunder, JP Tank brake, JP Bennie Cooley, TTi Recoil Eliminator, Surefire muzzle brakes are amoung the very best for comps. However there is no "free lunch" you pay for effectiveness with excessive noise/concussion and disturbance/flying debris coming off of anything your shooting near i.e. barricades or the ground. Good comps that don't cause as much disturbance are BattleComp, KAC 3T, PWS, PRI/MSTM Quiet Comp. The quietest comps are the KAC 3T and Battle Comp.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I built a rifle specifically around the 3 gun concept and originally put a BC on the rifle as I had one. I really wanted to try out the SJC Titan back to back with the BC. I very much understand to the trade-offs and wasn't overly concerned about noise, blast side concussion. I do not accept too much concussive blast directed at the shooter, which immediately eliminates the FSC IMO. It does absolutely nothing better and gives too much concussion to the shooter which is completely unnecessary this day in age with comps.

Anyway I shot some video of a standard A2 back to back with the BC and the Titan. Just haven't got to the video yet, but IMO, at least for my shooting style I was a bit disappointed in the Titan or perhaps more impressed with how the BC stacked up. This I found strange, but the BC performed better with select fire, but the Titan seemed a hair better with slower but still rapid semi-auto fire. As for noise, blast, etc, etc, there was absolutely no comparison of the 2 compensators. The BC was by far way more pleasurable to shoot. Not that the Titan is upsetting but perhaps it is better to say that the BC seemed a bit tame or boring. No fuss, no muss.

I have also shot a few other comps mentioned above by Robb, and the rolling thunder and Surefire are excellent comps, but they also bark. The Surefire seemed exceptional under select fire.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've switched from a SJC Titan to a BattleComp 2.0 on my 18" BCM SS410 upper with my 16" SS410 I'm still using a Surefire brake. How well the comp works on certain barrels I also find varies with the overall weight of the rifle and especially the barrels weight.
    I've shot a SJC Titan on a full auto gun (14.5" bbl) and it caused the muzzle to dive. For full auto it's too effective. A Battlecomp on a full auto shoots very flat.
    My 18" SS410 has the factory barrel profile and my 16" SS410 has been turned down to .630" in the middle and dimpled my Marvin Pitts. The two uppers feel totally different some what do to the differences in gas system length (rifle vs. mid length) and somewhat do to weight. I prefer the 16" for up close to 200yds and if having to shoot beyond 200yds I like the 18".

Here's a video of me shooting my BCM 16" mid length lightweight with a Battlecomp 1.0 at a 3gun match at Academi (formerly US Training CTR/BlackwaterUSA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGGPE7PaFjU&sns=em
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    There really is only 3 comps to consider for serious 3 gunning,

SJC TITAN
    Benny Hill Rolling Thunder
    SF MB556K

Each has benefits and some drawbacks.

For our 3GN Pro Series guns we run the SJC TITAN.
    For our 18" Outlaw NST guns we run SFMB556Ks.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Would you mind talking about that?
    Kind of curious about the why and the result.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Would you mind talking about that?
    Kind of curious about the why and the result.
    I use the TITAN on the 3 Gun Nation Pro Series rifle I had built since I knew I wont have to do any rollover prone.

I use the SF MB556K on my 18" NST outlaw rifle since I may have to go rollover prone.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    There really is only 3 comps to consider for serious 3 gunning,

SJC TITAN
    Benny Hill Rolling Thunder
    SF MB556K

Each has benefits and some drawbacks.

This covers about 95% of the comps I saw at last weekends Pro Series 3 gun event.

Please explain roll over prone for those of us that aren't ATAS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast