Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Base Pads

Feedback Score
    The Ed Browns and Metalform pads work just fine and you should be GTG with either. I have mags with both for what it is worth.

As your mags start to wear, just replace with CMC, Tripps, or Wilsons and carry on with no worries.

If you are dead set on staying with 7 round capacity, the stainless mags I have from Springfield armory have been great, I have 10-12 of them with no issues. I believe they are made by Metalform, but someone please correct me if I am wrong on that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thank you all for the replies. I'll probably get a six-pack of Ed Browns and try them out. WRT the Tripp mags...is there a difference in overall length (including the bumber) between the 8 round and the 10? Would one fit better than the other?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes there is a difference,they are longer. But a better fit, I'm not sure what you mean. As far as fit to the magwell, it will hang below it with both.

I'm trying to remember(if I'm tracking you right), what brand had a beveled baseplate. Is that what your talking about?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm really not sure who has beveled base plates. It seems, however, that some base plates have a proprietary shape that may fit a limited few types of magazines. If I'm wrong about that, someone please correct me.
    That's what I mean about fit. That and, as I said before, the bottom of the mag should not be recessed into the well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok. Tracking you now. Wilson's, CMC(with baseplate attached), and Tripp's are long enough to hang down especially the ten rounders. But reguardless of the mag, it should fall free.

The best thing would be to try to get your hands on someone's and try it in your pistol to see if it's what your looking for.

Oh and I was thinking of the cobra baseplates where the upper part of the base is beveled.

ETA: I get what your saying about baseplates and proprietary design. To get what you want you might have to change magazine brands. Only you can figure that one out.
    Last edited by fixit69; 03-23-12 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Roger, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12