Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Good cheap w proof wrist watch?

Feedback Score
    I have a casio g-shock solar, atomic rescue watch,. Love it.

Feedback Score
    Just got a Timex expedition off Amazon for 68.00, I don't have much luck with watches, I shall see how it does under duress.
    USMC VETERAN
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Proelium Comminos Auctoritate

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm in the $30 Timex Ironman camp. Quick and easy to read, has the date/day on the primary display, alarm, timer, and chrono functions, and the display lights up for easy reading in the dark. Can't beat it for the price, either. If I trash it, I can just go pick up another one anywhere I happen to be. It keeps time within about a second or so every 2 weeks (I set mine off GPS time and check it with fair regularity). I have a fancy Citizen watch for dressy occasions, but I like my Timex better for everyday wear.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 03-17-15 at 19:38.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    The only thing i dont like about the gshocks are that they are big. I knock it on everything but it keeps ticking. I also like that i never have to set the time.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brettd1982 View Post
    The only thing i dont like about the gshocks are that they are big. I knock it on everything but it keeps ticking. I also like that i never have to set the time.
    I agree. Love my g shocks but they snack back pack straps, sleeves with tight cuffs and make working with my hands in small confined areas a real PITA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    I agree. Love my g shocks but they snack back pack straps, sleeves with tight cuffs and make working with my hands in small confined areas a real PITA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Another advantage of the Ironman. Cheaper and lower profile. G-shocks are nice though, I've thought about buying one several times.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mallowpufft View Post
    I'm also a sucker for the real Vostok Amphibia (easily confused with Vostok Europe Amphibia). Soviet dive watch that hasn't changed much in 60 years of production.
    Mallowpufft seems to have gone the way of the whale, but I'd like to give him a big ol' thanks anyways - I love my commie watch. Bought it on Amazon right after I perused this old thread. Very happy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456