Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good cheap w proof wrist watch?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    IDK what "cheap" is to you...but I just bought this little guy for on-duty use and I love it:

I had a gift certificate and coupon so it only ran me $15 out the door but even at $35 it's a nice watch.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=478684

Feedback Score
    I picked up a Timex Ironman Triathlon about 6 months ago from Walmart for about $30, and it has been indestructible. I have been wearing it daily for the last few months and have smacked it on more than one hard surface. It's been fully submerged on multiple occasions and has put up with the stress of many workouts, range days, dynamic training days, etc.

It doesn't have a lot of the "survival" bells and whistles that some models have, but I prefer to have separate dedicated equipment (compasses, etc.) rather than putting all my eggs in one basket. I would definitely recommend it for a no-frills, affordable, reliable watch.

Here is mine as it sits today. (It's currently caked with dried saltwater from a kayaking excursion yesterday.)

Last edited by Scorpaznatica; 03-27-12 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    Sportsmans guide HAD the pathfinders for 95$ back last Xmas, I started to buy one. It didn't. Wish I had. They are tough, now they are $129.
    I love the Gshocks by Casio. Very tough. I had one back in 86, that I traded a guy for, and the factory battery lasted over 10 yrs! Not kidding.
    The band finally ripped at the hole that I latched it with and I retired it shortly after that, it went dead.
    The Casio tough solar power series is a great watch at a great price. You can pick them up pretty reasonable on eBay. Any of the gshocks are great.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What do you want the watch to do? Give you the approximate time or be a chronometer accurate enough to be a portable time standard for navigation?

If its the earlier I have a Orient Mako Automatic. It will run forever mechanically as long as I don't take it off for over 48 hours. $100

For the later your looking at at least $500 a the bare minimum.
    Last edited by QuackXP; 04-02-12 at 17:33.

Feedback Score
    Victorinox renegade
    130$

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    I got a Traser couple of months ago. $400. Love this watch. Wear it with a Camenga Tritium wrist compass on the band.

Traser Code Blue

How is that a cheap watch? Although I would feel miffed that the one in the link was almost half what you paid.

OP: for a cheap, durable watch, check out the G-Shock. They can be had for as cheap as $40 new shipped.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Its not cheap, but if I can get 3 or more years out of it, I feel I broke even or better. I'm pretty tough on watches, sometimes going through 2 a year or more. So far, the Traser is doing great. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    $30-40 watch from the PX. Never really paid attention to the brand. Just discard/lose them every few years. I think I broke the wrist band on one or two of them over the years.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've only had two watches (for work) since 2002 and they are both G Shocks. The first I loved band broke and it was more for a replacement band (I don't know why) so I ended up buying another G Shock and I love it they only thing I don't like are the red buttons (G9000-1V). So for less than $100 you can get a good watch, but still cheap.

I've stayed away from solar power watches due to my wrist being covered 99% of my workday. I've had a friend who had to make sure he put it outside to charge. So I really don't know much about them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast