Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Good cheap w proof wrist watch?

Feedback Score
    I've been impressed with this Timex Ironman I got at Academy Sports for about $25. Lots of features and a clean, simple face. I like the advanced Pathfinder watches an G-Shocks but this one get worn every day and is much smaller an lighter.

(Formerly known as Red State Tactical)
    m4carbine.net Technical Support Admin

"Why buy a Raptor when a Dakota will do the same job for less?" - Internet Experts

Feedback Score

Suunto Core

It isn't exactly cheap, but I got a Suunto Core at the BX on sale with no tax for $199. Battery has lasted almost a year now. It has been abused quite a bit and works like a champ. And, it comes with more features than you would know what to do with.

Feedback Score
    Check out the Smith & Wesson Commando. I love mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've upgraded to a Casio Pro Trek with Tough Solar and ABC. I really like the solar capability, it takes little indoor or sun light to charge. It has a mineral glass crystal so it does not scratch even though I wear it 24/7 doing chores, exercise, etc. Barometer/altimeter and compass work well but the thermometer takes many minutes to adjust to big change in temp (going outside from room temp). Rubber band seems top quality. Not a GShock but darn tough.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Freestyle Shark.

Full retail about $65.00, but I found mine on sale on the internet for $39.00 delivered, no tax.

I've scuba dived, wade fished and kayaked with mine and it's still going strong without needing a new battery after three years.

Freestyle makes a lot of different watch models.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Can you define cheap?

For under $100, I am a really big fan of the Casio G-Shock solar atomic watches.

Nice and cheap is a rare combination in the watch world.
    I concur. I have the "Mudman" and another model I forget the name of. Both were just shy of $100. Mudman is solar powered, and syncs with the atomic clock. The other is battery powered. After 10 years that battery is still going strong. Both watches are tough, easy to read in bright daylight and have night lights that work well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'll add this: the Timex IronMan watches are NOT durable AT ALL. The bands break easily. I bought one the day before I attended a Navy Dive school and it broke during my first set of pushups on day one. The Master Diver gave me grief for that!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red State Tactical View Post
    I've been impressed with this Timex Ironman I got at Academy Sports for about $25. Lots of features and a clean, simple face. I like the advanced Pathfinder watches an G-Shocks but this one get worn every day and is much smaller an lighter.

Sorry, did not see your post prior to my own negative comment about this brand. If yours holds up then you got great deal.

Feedback Score
    I have a Casio G-Shock DW6900 that has been worn almost 24/7, except when I'm in the shower, for about four or five years now. The only problem I've had is the retainer that keeps the excess wrist strap contained finally tore and came off, so I replaced it with a black zip tie; for everyone but me, it's unnoticeable (I'm a cheap bastard; not paying $20 for a new strap just because of that).

I've worn it shooting, hunting, fishing, camping, diving (anywhere from 20-60 feet in depth for 45+ minutes per dive, sometimes multiple times per day), doing all sorts of things. It's been gouged, smashed into block walls and trees, nearly torn off my wrist while clearing houses at work, ground into rocks in underwater caves, the whole nine yards. Never failed me yet, except for the above described complaint, and I'd hardly consider that a problem given how much abuse the thing has taken without missing a beat.

Now if I could just figure out how to turn off the midnight alarm I inadvertently set on the damn thing, I'd be happy... maybe I'll give it a shot again while I'm off work this weekend. Not bad for $45 or whatever I paid for it back then. I wanted the Casio Pathfinder, but they didn't have one on Wal-Mart's website and I had a gift card for $30 from there, so I chose this one instead.
    Last edited by Six Feet Under; 06-27-14 at 14:35.
    “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” - William James

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seiko 200m+ dive rated automatic watches. I've never had one break and I've had some go through hell and back. If you shop around you can find a nice one for around $200-$300.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast