Thread: FFP reticles vs. SFP reticles

Feedback Score

FFP reticles vs. SFP reticles

http://www.primalrights.com/forum/article.php?a=4789

I tried to illustrate the strengths and weaknesses of each.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Honestly thats probably the best write up l've read comparing the two. Every time someone needs educated on ffp vs sfp they should have to read this.

l always generally just laugh and think what the hell are these retards talking about when the topic comes up. Usually someone says "you can range on any power" and l'm thinking who the hell still ranges with their reticle and why a lrf is way better. Anyways, good write up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Good write up. This article should save me some time explaining it to people who are new to it all. I remember once upon a time teaching ranging and having people mil targets at ~300M with a SFP scope. At that time I never thought about having to explain that it had to be on a certain magnification (it's easy to forget what people don't know). For a few minutes I was absolutely bewildered as to how I was getting responses everywhere from 150 to 700...you've got to be f***** kidding.
    Last edited by a0cake; 03-23-12 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    This article should save me some time explaining it to people who are new to it all.
    If they are new, send them to the first two articles in that series first. Will save you more time yet!
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
    l always generally just laugh and think what the hell are these retards talking about when the topic comes up. Usually someone says "you can range on any power" and l'm thinking who the hell still ranges with their reticle and why a lrf is way better. Anyways, good write up.
    lots of practical conditions that require milling. i just shot a match in western oklahoma last weekend where LRFs were allowed. Even though I was using a $2000 PLRF range finder, there were a couple targets I had to mil because I didn't trust the reading.

as a match director for practical precision rifle matches (www.precisionmultigun.com) , i can tell you it's actually pretty easy to design stages that will fool LRFs. (not that i do that)

regardless, as the article stated, the more important thing is that you can use holdovers at any power.