Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: recommend me a case trimmer.

Feedback Score
    yes you can. if you remove the decapping pin, you will achieve the desired result. if you put the decapping pin back in, you will simply remove the live primers from the cases as you resize. that is not dangerous, just annoying, generally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    here's another dumb question..

can i resize primed brass? the primer remover broke out of my die. so it might actually work.....

If you remove the decapper you'll also remove the expander ball with it. When you resize your cases, your necks will be pretty tight. After you get the die adjusted properly and resize the cases, I'd reinstall the decapping rod/exp ball and adjust the ball so it's up pretty high in the die and then run your cases back up over the ball to bring the necks back up to proper diameter.

I'm wondering how you broke a decapping pin on a Lee die? I've used these for years and if you accidentally insert a Berdan primed case or don't get the case fully in the SH, when the pin hits the casehead the rod slides up in the collet. I've never broken a pin on a Lee die.

Feedback Score
    interesting, jmart. I didn't know lee dies were set up like that. The forster, rcbs, redding, wilson and hornady dies I have are all capable of removing the pin w/o removing the expander ball.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    If you remove the decapper you'll also remove the expander ball with it. When you resize your cases, your necks will be pretty tight. After you get the die adjusted properly and resize the cases, I'd reinstall the decapping rod/exp ball and adjust the ball so it's up pretty high in the die and then run your cases back up over the ball to bring the necks back up to proper diameter.

I'm wondering how you broke a decapping pin on a Lee die? I've used these for years and if you accidentally insert a Berdan primed case or don't get the case fully in the SH, when the pin hits the casehead the rod slides up in the collet. I've never broken a pin on a Lee die.
    i had a little help from a hammer. and a stuck case

i was in a fury yesterday. breaking nearly everything i touched.

not really an angry fury, that more dangerous semi-frustrated, semi-enlightened fury that those of use that dick around with mechanical stuff too often get in once in awhile.

the pin is a little out of true now (the whole pin.. not just the decapper part, which is now missing)

i ordered one of those RGB two die sets from cheaperthandirt along with some more 55 grain bullets and a sweet backpack.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123