Thread: FNC now? Or HK sear later?

Feedback Score

FNC now? Or HK sear later?

whats up guys, first post here, nice board.

Im looking for opinions/advice about first big NFA purchase. Ive been saving for a few months and I originally wanted a registered Hk sear but the price is climbing so fast Im having a hard time seeing the goal.

I do have enough to buy an FNC now though and still have a grand or so left. Obvious drawbacks are there are no caliber conversions, Id be pretty much killing my chance at getting the Hk sear anytime in the near future. But Id have a nice FA in my hands before the new year whereas I couldnt even get the cash to buy the Hk sear until winter 07 and if the price keeps climbing I may never get it.

so, stick it out? Or cash in on the FNC?

Feedback Score
    Get a loan for the difference and buy the HK sear now. The appreciation will exceed the interest on the loan and you will have the gun you want.

Feedback Score
    Ive thought of that but since I dont ever intend to sell it "appreciation" is of no concern. also, the wife would not approve of making a "machine gun" payment every month.

Feedback Score
    If the selling price goes up faster than you can save and exceeds the interest of the loan then you really only have one choice.