Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Be cautious when dealing with Jkoziol

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Be cautious when dealing with Jkoziol

I am posting this thread to notify others on this forum to proceed with caution if you are going to be dealing with Jkoziol in the EE forum. He has failed to pay for merchandise and ignored all efforts to contact him. He is still active on this forum.

Disclaimer:
    I should NOT have shipped merchandise prior to receiving payment. I did this due to my company-mandated travel plans and wanting to ensure that the buyer received his merchandise in a timely manner. I did what I thought was the proper thing at the time… and got burned for my efforts. Seller beware!

Details:
    On January 08, Jkoziol agreed via PM to buy the Daniel Defense FDE Omega Rail I had posted in EE. To date, I have NOT received payment, and Jkoziol has ignored my emails, PMs, a USPS certified letter, efforts to contact him through PayPal (he used an eCheck but canceled payment), as well as the M4C moderators (who encouraged me to post this thread).

After several PMs, Jkoziol agreed to use PayPal for the agreed to amount.

Payment was delayed several days…Jkoziol was slow to respond to PMs (one time stating he “had drill this weekend”), but he eventually informed me that he had “sent a PayPal eCheck”. After several more delays, Jkoziol stated that he had erroneously sent the eCheck to the incorrect email address (this is entirely believable as my email uses a somewhat difficult phonetic spelling).

Shortly thereafter I received PayPal notice of an inbound eCheck. In all fairness, PayPal cautioned me to “do not ship items until you receive payment”. At this time I made a conscious decision that with a pending business trip, I would take the chance and ship prior to receiving confirmation that the eCheck had cleared to ensure that Jkoziol was not waiting on the Omega rail.

I shipped the Omega via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation on 01/17/12 and it was delivered on 01/19/12. Jkoziol acknowledged that he received the Omega and was pleased with his purchase. On 01/19/12 I received notification from PayPal that the eCheck had NOT cleared. At this time, Jkozio stated that his bank had denied payment because of “two checks for the same amount to a similar sounding email address”…I thought this a reasonable explanation. Jkoziol stated that he would resend the eCheck, but on 01/26/12 I received notification that the eCheck “could not be processed by the sender’s bank”.

Jkoziol has ceased communication with me…the last PM received from him was 20 January, and he is ignoring all efforts to contact him.

Here’s a sample of PM traffic with Jkoziol;

On 01/08 12 at 2057, Jkoziol sent:
    Re: Omege 9.0 FDE
    Sorry I had drill this weekend... fun times! I will send payment tomorrow if that is okay. Its been a while since I've used PayPal, so I gotta find my password. I will notify you once I've sent it.
    Hey I was just about to email you. I apologize for the delay, I've been busy with work related stuff. I did receive the omega (its better than I could've hoped). And I checked with my bank. They denied my check due to "suspicious" activity. Apparently two checks to almost the same email for the same amount raised flags. Its definitely irritating.. the check should process this next go around. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

The following is a copy of email received from PayPal on 01/19/12:
    Hello XXXXXXX,
    An eCheck payment from XXXXXXXXX was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.
    Thanks,
    PayPal
    _________
    The following is a copy of email received from PayPal on 01/26/12:
    Hello XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

An eCheck payment from XXXXXXXXXXXX (XXXXX@gmail.com) could not be processed from the sender's bank. Please do not ship any items. We have canceled this transaction and advise that you contact the sender to make new payment arrangements.

Please contact XXXXXXXX regarding this payment.

Thanks,

PayPal
    _________

When I contacted PayPal customer service via telephone on 03/03/12, I was told that the reason for non-payment notification on 01/26/12 was that the “payer had canceled payment”. At that time, PayPal put me on hold and attempted to call Jkoziol, but ended up leaving a voice-mail. PayPal instructed me that they have also sent emails to Jkoziol.

I believe that Jkoziol made an initial effort to send payment, but when he received his merchandise, he took advantage of the delayed eCheck and canceled payment. Bottom line; he seems to have gotten a free DD Omega due to my screw-up and his dishonesty.

Moral of story; don’t ship before receiving payment!

Lesson for others; beware of dealing with Jkoziol.

If anyone here on M4C has any ideas for additional action I may take this matter please PM me.

Thanks for reading!

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    the road to hell is paved with good intentions..

after seeing his blatant disregard for common courtesy, and flagrantly violating all principals of which this site is governed by

I myself as a participating member of this forum, hereby motion that Jkoziol and all associated contact information be banned from this site

all those in favor say aye
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 03-25-12 at 20:47.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    the road to hell is paved with good intentions..

after seeing his blatant disregard for common courtesy, and flagrantly violating all principals of which this site is governed by

I myself as a participating member of this forum, hereby motion that Jkoziol and all associated contact information be banned from this site

all those in favor say aye
    Aye, theft pure and simple.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to hear about this incident. Hopefully his morals and self respect will kick in and he'll send the cash your way...maybe even some interest for being a dick-****. Please keep us updated on the situation.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hopefully he does the right thing by you man. I also think that he should be banned.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    Ban the dude.

P. S. 8 ball, its nice to hear other people cuss like me.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    A moderator should read over he evidence and make a decision. BANNED OR NOT.. JMO... Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Aye, theft pure and simple.
    AYE. Send him one more email - pay up or you'll report it to the police. Give him one more chance making your intentions clear. If no response within a reasonable time-frame, call the police.

Deliberate dishonesty needs more than just banning IMHO. Keep us posted.
    Sometimes there's Justice - Sometimes there's just us.

Feedback Score
    We're a rare breed LawDawg.

I hope he reads every single line in this thread and realizes what a low-life cup of ass juice he is.
    Last edited by J_Dub_503; 03-25-12 at 23:04.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    OP, thanks for the heads-up. Is it just me or have there been a few other threads like this recently? I've done great in the EE here. Only one near issue and we were able to work it out between ourselves. Here's to hoping this doesn't become a trend.
    Last edited by William B.; 03-25-12 at 23:29.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast