Thread: Aesthetics of Chuck Roger 1911

Feedback Score

Aesthetics of Chuck Roger 1911

Hello,

My future wife has hinted at getting me a custom 1911 as my wedding gift and I'm very excited. However, there are some things that have caught my attention. These are just my opinions from looking at various pictures so please do not take them too seriously.

Chuck Rogers: Beautiful 1911's and I would love one but unfortunately he is not taking anymore orders. That soft melted look is what I am looking for. I've seen several of his builds that I would love to have.

Wilson Combat: I love the brand but the guns look kind of "messy". Like there is too much going on. I can't pinpoint everything that contributes to the messy look but I'm sure someone will know what I am talking about. Even with a naked slide they don't have that look I'm going for.

Ed Brown: Nice clean guns but they don't have the same melted look as Chuck Rogers' guns.

Les Baer: Guns look too sharp and unrefined.

So my questions is, what are my options in order to get a gun that has that Chuck Rogers soft melted look with the gorgeous finish? I would love to have a customized Series 70 Colt but I like the idea of the Wilson Combat guns because it doesn't involve revamping a mass produced gun. I would rather have a gun that is built from the bottom up as a custom gun. Here is an example of what I am looking for...minus the springfield armory logo. I like naked slides.

http://rogersprecision.com/id39.html

I would never sell this gun and it would mainly be a safe queen. I would shoot it a few times just to shoot it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Chuck has a very unique style and I think you would be hard pressed to find anything similar. Springfield Custom Shop has a "Radical Carry Bevel" that’s quite nice though. I would hold out for a full house Rogers if the boss approves.

Feedback Score
    ^ x2!

Here's a nice example of SACS' radical carry bevel.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=282150

I'll be sending my SA loaded model to them later this week for a few things.

Take a look at some of their full custom models. My personal favorite is the custom carry compact, a cco style pistol.

Tapatalked

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd look at Don Williams (The Action works), and maybe Berryhill Custom. Berryhill isn't taking orders right now, but he'll open up.

I have a Berryhill and just purchased a Rogers (don't have it yet).

N

Feedback Score

MARs

Have you considered Steve Morrison of MARs Armament? Take some looks at his work. Very customer oriented.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

More

Look into Clark Custom, they have an interesting look.

John Harrison also does beautiful work.

If you really want some inspiration for a full house custom, log onto louderthanwords.org if you already haven't.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Take a look at combat precision Technologies.

I just sent him a pistol today to work on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bob Rodgers has a very similar style to Chuck Rogers.

Feedback Score
    Many of the high end custom builders have put new orders on hold. If not, they generally have very very long wait times. John Harrison does great work. Also check out Alchemy Custom their smiths have experience working in Springfield's Custom Shop and Les Baer's shop. Their build times seem reasonable right now because they just recently opened up their own shop but I'm sure they'll soon get overloaded.

Springfield custom shop will build you pretty much anything you want...but they will NOT do a naked slide or custom serial number.

Feedback Score
    Sams Custom Gunworks built this pistol. It's not "melted" as much as you're looking for but that's between you and the 'smith I guess.
    I bought this from Ken Hackathorn after his Adv Tac Pistol class in TN last December and he raved about the fitting and other details of Dave Sams work. Sams is a retired Army MSG and was the AMU's master gunsmith for some spell.

It has been a great shooter as it's pictures attest - all just plain Rem UMC bulk pack ammo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7803618...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7803618...n/photostream/
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms