Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-cigarettes

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

E-cigarettes

Was wondering if anyone has tried the e-cigarette? Best place to buy? Has it worked? Really looking into giving this a try.

Feedback Score
    I used one, forget what brand it was, it tastes sweet, which I did not like, and it died after about a week of use. I will look into the brand I was using so you don't make the costly mistake I did
    Last edited by shua713; 03-28-12 at 20:04.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I bought one, it’s a Smoking Everywhere brand. I really liked the flavor but it didn’t kill my cravings. It died after a few months of use.
    Save your money bro. Substitution probably isn’t going to help you quit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Be careful you don't use a nocotine deliver system (gum, patch, e-cigs) AND smoke.

Feedback Score

E smoke

Currently using Totally Wicked Tornado and cigarette free for three months now.
    Have not had any problems with unit or hardware yet.
    At $8.00 a pack and a pack per day in my area I have saved $520.00 in three months.
    Total investment for the unit and liquid has been right around $200.00.

I won't go back to cigarettes again and plan to be off of the E-cig in about 6 months.
    My son and I started at the same time and are doing very well!

Good luck it is never easy

Chuck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't know much about the e-cigs, but if you are looking at quitting ask your doctor about Chantix. I used that to quit dipping (which is even more addicting in my opinion) but it was designed as a smoking cessestion drug. I was as hooked as they come and had a dip in pretty much during all waking hours. Quitting was unbelievably easy for me using this drug but YMMV.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trapshooter View Post
    Currently using Totally Wicked Tornado and cigarette free for three months now.
    Have not had any problems with unit or hardware yet.
    At $8.00 a pack and a pack per day in my area I have saved $520.00 in three months.
    Total investment for the unit and liquid has been right around $200.00.

I won't go back to cigarettes again and plan to be off of the E-cig in about 6 months.
    My son and I started at the same time and are doing very well!

Good luck it is never easy

Chuck
    Thanks, glad to hear some positive , I'm going to try to start on the e- cig next week. By you saying u have saved $520 I figure that would be about 1200-1400 rounds of ammo to shoot , good luck to you also.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas42 View Post
    Be careful you don't use a nocotine deliver system (gum, patch, e-cigs) AND smoke.
    What about chewing tobacco?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I went cold turkey in 2004 it was very hard! I did push ups or situps everytime I wanted to smoke to be honest they didnt help much at all. What really got me throught it was giving up drinking for two years. I had a beer now and then but no more than that. Good luck
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bought one from Modervapor.com. Unit has held up quite nicely. It's cheaper than buying cigarettes for certain, but it doesn't quite hit the button in regards to the craving, but I have cut down on smoking considerably and my lungs feel better for it. Been cutting back slowly on the real ones while filling in the other cravings with the E-cig. I figure in about three months, I won't be smoking any real cigarettes at all, and then start cutting back on the E-cig. Nice thing is, you can buy them in different strengths (cartridges) and step down that way.

One of the immediate advantages though is that you aren't sucking in all that carbon and other garbage (at least less in my case).

One word of warning though, being they are able to be used indoors, make sure you don't just continually smoke it rather than having to get up and go outside to smoke. Seems to me, the key to getting rid of the nicotine fix is to take in less and less over time(duhh) but the ease of it being "indoor safe" is that you can overdo it, totally negating the step down process.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast