Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springfield TRP or Kimber TLE RL II

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Dan Wesson!!!
    Well you gotta convince me! Why do you like Dan Wesson 1911s?
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    trp. the bull barrel, weight, and stiff recoil spring makes it a pleasure to shoot. very low felt recoil (think 9mm) and very accurate. disassembly is a pain but the benefit is worth it. the only weakness is the adjustable night sight, it is not armory kote treated and can rust during summer/humid carry or storage.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by majette View Post
    trp. the bull barrel, weight, and stiff recoil spring makes it a pleasure to shoot. very low felt recoil (think 9mm) and very accurate. disassembly is a pain but the benefit is worth it. the only weakness is the adjustable night sight, it is not armory kote treated and can rust during summer/humid carry or storage.

Is there a way to get the gun treated into the "armory kote" so it's a bit more rust resistant?

Beautiful gun, btw... **drools**
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnguyen9 View Post
    Is there a way to get the gun treated into the "armory kote" so it's a bit more rust resistant?

My SA has been flawless...literally through several K. Not a Swartz / Kimber fan. The TRP with the ability to make changes as you desire through SACS would be my choice.

Friends don't let friends buy Kimber.

I'd look at IB or if you want to coat, Wilson's new AT or WB's black T over AK.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score

the gun has the armory kote, the adjustable rear night sight does not.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I am thinking about purchasing a full size 1911 with a rail. My two choices are the Springfield TRP or the Kimber TLE RL II. I have already have a Kimber Pro Carry Stainless II. I purchased this used from a private party. The previous owner stated she only fired about 200 rounds through it. My Kimber works flawless since I have got it. I have heard that Kimbers have a horrific and painful break-in period and I am hesitant to purchase a brand new one. I think I was just lucky with my Kimber Pro Carry Stainless II.

Thoughts?
    Any time you buy a new pistol especially a production 1911 you run the risk of getting one that may have issues. The used 1911 market is loaded with good guns. A Harrison, novak and a Chuck Rogers modified gun are all available for under $2000.
    The Rogers modified 1911 is a Kimber Warrior with a ton of kit and is for sale on this forum.
    FUNDAMENTALS: A crutch for the talentless

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Sorry I think that Warrior may be spoken for now

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chakup View Post
    Sorry I think that Warrior may be spoken for now
    Smart man. If i didnt already have more 1911s than i can count, i would have been all over that one.
    FUNDAMENTALS: A crutch for the talentless

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm just waiting to hear back and verify Im first to commit! Ill probably do the few upgrades/changes 10-8 mentions just for simple piece of mind....and I'm a tinkerer !!

Feedback Score
    I would go with the TRP over the Kimber. I would also take a serious look at the Colt rail gun. If I could find a TRP w/a rail I would snatch it up in a heart beat. Springfield TRPs are nice guns.

I have a Kimber that I've never had issues with, but I also owned another Kimber that wasn't as reliable. Kimber is one of those guns that it may work great, or it may give you constant problems. I wouldn't bother with that gamble.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast