Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Springfield TRP or Kimber TLE RL II

Feedback Score
    forgot to add that my SA TRP light rail was built like a tank!

Feedback Score
    Both are decent guns, but I'd have to give the edge to the Springfield.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    So I purchased a Springfield Long Beach Operator 1911. I installed a Surefire X400 on the rail. I had to really tighten down the clamp and the X400 is sturdy like a rock. Here are some pics:

"All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy Kimber.
    Doesn't get any more true than this!

I had and sold my:

For this:

...and I am so impressed with the fit and finish of the TRP compared to that Kimber. Springfield TRP is amazing for the money! Do yourself a huge favor and jump on a TRP.

Feedback Score
    Well, I have very little experience with Kimber. However, my mother has a kimber pro carry 1911 and the horrific break in period that you speak of is not all that horrific but still worse than others. If I were you I would go with the TRP, no real sound reasoning behind it. I just find the TRP to be a far more superior gun than anything Kimber puts out. I've had the opportunity to shoot a TRP a few times and each time left me more and more impressed with the functionality of the gun. Just my two cents.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234