Thread: easy way to parkerize under the fsb

Feedback Score

easy way to parkerize under the fsb

I have 2 stripped LMT barrels and I'd like to parkerize them under the fsb. Any advices to keep the rust away from there ? keep it simple. thanks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Have a gunsmith remove barrel from upper recevier, remove the FSB and pay a gunsmith said gunsmith about $100. If you're really concerned about and losing sleep over it just Norrells the barrel and entire FSB (with the FSB removed) then reassemble. This would cost about $40

Not parkerizing under the FSB has never rusted out a barrel.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Any advices to keep the rust away from there ? keep it simple. thanks.

Spray it with just about anything, once the finish dries & cures, oil it, then put your FSB back in place.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep...

According to Randall from AR15barrels.com, to actually park that portion, the whole barrel needs to be stripped and reparked.

I'm too far from the ocean to worry about park under the FSB.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    AR15barrels.com.........

I'm too far from the ocean to worry about park under the FSB.
    I'm really close to both

can I try a blue-ing solution ? just looking for a quick and dirty solution..

thanks !

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    I'm really close to both

can I try a blue-ing solution ? just looking for a quick and dirty solution..

thanks !
    I don't know. Bluing doesn't offer very much protection, but I guess it wouldn't hurt anything.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    When you put it away after shooting, just place a drop or two of oil on the barrel above the fsb, 2 spots to cover both portions. When vertical, the oil will migrate around and into the are underneath the fsb. I'm on the coast and it's always been fine, even after heavy rain. If I've been in the driving rain all day, I'll squirt the whole fsb and CQD single point mount with either wd40 or vld80 spray. You can wipe off excess and/or burn it off the next day. Or you can do what's been mentioned about painting it. Just degrease the barrel and fsb and tape off the gas tube, delta ring area and spray it down, works great and no worries now on rust. I used Aluma-Hyde II on one.
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 01-03-08 at 10:00. Reason: ?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!