Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pmag and Lower problem!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    Well...Regardless of the cause, the effect is still the same, and so are the questions and answers IMO...

1. The Mag should seat in any Mil. Spec. lower including Sun Devil which causes me to re-think my plan to buy a Sun Devil. What other Specs. are not quite right with their lower???

2. The PMAG should not have to be modified to go in to any quality Mil. Spec. Upper, and

3. We continue to NOT see these issues with Mil. Spec. USGI Mags. (At least I'm not hearing about them.)

What is this telling us?

A. Either the Lowers exhibiting problems are not in spec., or

B. The PMAG's are not in spec.

Sounds pretty simple to me, and that is why I believe the jury is still out on PMAG's until there is a lot more field use, with the various component combinations. I have one PMAG that I am "Torture Testing" in my Bushy Lower with an LMT MRP upper, with no problems, but I wouldn't want to worry about which rifle i decide to put which Mags in at any one time. They should all fit.
    Todd no problem with the last 5 Sun Devil lowers I have built up with PMAGS.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Was it a older model of SD lower? I haven't seen a problem with the last 5 I have built up.
    It was made about 3-4 months ago.

C4

Feedback Score
    Well after some testing with other lowers and USGI mags I have finnally come to a conclusion. I am a anal retentive pain in the ass that wants everything to work perfectly. Last night I loaded a USGI mag to 28 rounds and had the same result as I did with the Pmag. So I brought a Pmag to work and tried it on a FN A2 and a Colt 6920 and I had the same result. But the with the FN and the Colt it took a little less force to seat the mag so I am guessing it is a little bit of being a pain in the ass and my lower is possibly not mil spec. Which leads me to my next question, who makes the lowers for Spikes Tactical?

-DM-

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-01-11 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    I've had a very hard time seating a 30 round Pmag in my Noveske lower at times. I'm not sure why. They are supposed to seat easily as you can actually load a 31st round into the mag.

It must have something to do with the magwell or the mag catch.
    SuicideHz, Let me start by saying that I own and like Noveske products. Now, I have personally seen a small number of sequential serial numbered Noveske lowers that were not in spec in relation to the pistol grip mount. So it is possible that other sections of the lower were not quite in spec. That may be the cause in your lower.

As for the OP, I have not had any problems using Pmags in my Colt or LMT lowers. Thanks, Wes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Manley View Post
    Last night I loaded a USGI mag to 28 rounds and had the same result as I did with the Pmag.

-DM-
    You should always download to 28 on USGI mags.

Feedback Score
    I have never had a problem with PMAGS in Sun Devil lowers and today at the range I had to download to 27 to get a brand new DE Pmag to load on a closed bolt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    You should always download to 28 on USGI mags.

That I know. I stated I loaded them cause that is the standard for the USGI mags and 30 is the standard for the Pmags.

In any event I was bored as all hell I went to work tonight and I tried the filing trick, what a difference that made it being able to seat the mag. Thanks Drake for the tip, it worked out perfectly.

-DM-

Feedback Score
    Deleted. Forget about it. no point of arguing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    why should the guy need to spend half a day in the garage doing work for stuff he paid for already????

Half a Day? It took me about 10 min to file five of them down!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast