Thread: Fingerprint cards

Feedback Score

Fingerprint cards

Do I have to use ATF cards or can I just go over to the Fairfax County PD or Sheriff's office and use their fingerprint cards for a Form 1? Thanks.
    Ian

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think you need the Fed ones. They'll mail them to you if you call.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everyone I know has used cards from their local PDs, without any problems. The agency's ORI# should be on the card already, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Feedback Score
    You can order the correct ATF cards right off their website free of charge. These have the ATF ORI on them. Cards from your local PD will have a different ORI. I'm not sure how important this is, but I figure it's worth the extra effort to keep the form from being rejected.

Just make sure you order extra cards in case the prints get smudged.
    "There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we're too afraid, too unskilled, or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our houses, and out of our faces. We just don't want to see how its done."
    -Charles H. Webb, Ph.D.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies, I'll order some off the ATF Distribution website then.
    Ian

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the ORI is from the local Sheriff, they will get them. My sheriff actually looks at the fingerprint cards to verify they will come back to the ATF/NFA branch and not his office and confuse the local guys.