Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Where'd all the ammo go?

Feedback Score
    I've noticed that some of the components are starting to dry up also.
    Certain powders are starting to disappear and bullets and brass are out of stock for some of our favorite calibers.
    Sadly, I guess the panic has started, so look for price increases throughout the year!

Feedback Score
    I know...... it's Murphy's law. I get emails nearly every day advertising bulk 5.56 for sale, so i figure i will just pick up a case or two anytime. Now I go shopping and there is nothing to be had anywhere. Just my luck.

Feedback Score
    I just had to order from Ammo To Go and pay thier inflated price for some XM193 for an upcoming class. I guess I snoozed and lost.

Feedback Score
    Exactly what I did. I was on vacation so I really couldn't order and thought, oh first thing when I get back, well what do you know.

Nuthin'.

Feedback Score
    I know. . . I got really lucky with my timing. Two weeks ago I hunted and hunted for 55 gr 5.56 until I found Federal XM193F in nice 20-round boxes from Natchez for .31 cents per round including shipping, handling, and insurance. 2,000 rounds cost me $610 total to my front door.

The next day after I placed my order, the website said "SOLD OUT". . .

This "panic buying" & hoarding that people do causes the prices to skyrocket. . . really pisses me off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Several federal agencies locked in a contract price for a total of around 700 million rounds... they DID NOT purchase that much ammo. They're just locking in a price and the option to buy in the future. Nowhere near that much ammo is shipping to Homeland Security or the other Federal LE agencies involved any time soon.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Gen. George Smith Patton Jr.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just bought 200 rounds of Federal 9mm for $52 out the door at Walmart (7% sales tax included)

I did notice that they increased the price of Federal AE 55gr 5.56mm by $1 a box.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    XM193, XM855 all gone? Skip the conspiracy theories, just where are they all? Brass shortage? Prep for war (I thought civ. ammo was not "milspec" enough?)

Join date within 90 days, less than 10 posts. You must be an ammo retailer shill. There is plenty ammo around, nice try.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I went to Academy to swipe a 420rd can of 855 which 3 days earlier were in abundance and just yesterday they were clean out. Although that was an option I was going to use, it is not the only place that has ammo readily available. Between online and in store there should be little to no panic with ammo. It is out there, just look a little harder....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    In January I paid $346 for 1200 rounds of imi855 from wideners. In mid-March I paid $379 for the same case. A few days after I checked the site: sold out.

Even though I paid more the second time around, I'm glad I bought while it was still available. I don't think we'll be seeing any $.30/rnd deals on 5.56 till after election season.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast