Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Where'd all the ammo go?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    Join date within 90 days, less than 10 posts. You must be an ammo retailer shill. There is plenty ammo around, nice try.
    What are you talking about? Paranoid much?

Anyways, I've been noticing ammo shortages. Nearly every reputable website is sold out of 5.56 rounds and even alot of the decent .223! I need to stock up while my LGS still has alot of XM193.. Pay day, where are you?!?

Feedback Score
    I guess I'm finally going to have to start reloading the 4000 cases of mostly Lake City brass I've been collecting for the last 18 months.

Just got about 2000 from a Carbine class this weekend. The whole class helped pick it up and just handed it to me when I asked
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If one opens their eyes, and goes online (you know get over supporting that local dealer and all) then you will see there is plenty of ammo at the usual places.

Wideners.com, Sgammo.com, Ammo2go.com, ammoman.com, etc..

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroborous View Post
    In January I paid $346 for 1200 rounds of imi855 from wideners. In mid-March I paid $379 for the same case. A few days after I checked the site: sold out.

Even though I paid more the second time around, I'm glad I bought while it was still available. I don't think we'll be seeing any $.30/rnd deals on 5.56 till after election season.
    I was lucky to to buy all the training rounds I needed at the old price but also felt the need to store a few extra rounds just in case retail stock disappeared like it did last election. When I place my last order Wideners stated they had 91 cases of IMI-855 left in stock and in less then a week a "Sold Out" was posted on their website.

I called to verify and was told that IMI is gone and no more was scheduled to be delivered from IMI as the stock on hand was a one time deal.

So its back to buying Wolf or Brown Bear when I find decent deals on it but this too is becoming harder to find in stock at the retailers I buy from.

Maybe a long time coming before we see IMI again.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 04-03-12 at 11:37.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I bought 2000 rounds of Federal XM855 last month. I should be good for a while, but maybe I should consider buying up some more just in case. Looking through some of my old ammo boxes I found a few 20 round Winchester .223 boxes priced at $1.95 each. How long have I had those?

Feedback Score
    The feds bought 3 million rounds of 40 s&w and 700 million rounds of 223/7.62 from federal so I think that plus all the people running to the stores to buy ammo we are running a little low .....
    Last edited by chavez556; 04-03-12 at 13:03.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chavez556 View Post
    The feds bought 3 million rounds of 40 s&w and 700 million rounds of 223/7.62 from federal so I think that plus all the people running to the stores to buy ammo we are running a little low .....
    Not to mention the lack of availability will probably be prolonged since Lake City just got a contract for 5.56 worth $2.5 billion.

I'm running fairly low only have about 2k and was able to score another case of pmc bronze for $285 from natchez yesterday(already sold out). I guess I will also be ordering some steel case ammo before those start becoming scarce.
    Last edited by espnazi; 04-03-12 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    I'm not buying. I refuse to contribute to the price drive.

The cost will just be driven up now with lower supply, and paranoid demand. I'm going to hold off and train with pistol instead since I have a decent (not great) amount of that.

And no, I'm not a friggin' shill for the ammo companies.
    Last edited by iomatic; 04-03-12 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

No shortage in Pittsburgh in any of the usual places... yet...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score

Glad I stocked up early

I am so glad that I stocked up early on 3 8lb. canisters of my favorite powder, 2,000 bullets and 2,000 primers before all this election silliness began.
    "If there were more sane people with guns, there would soon be a lot fewer insane people with guns."

"A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast