Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your SCAR tips, tweaks, tricks, and odd bits here

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    The screw is not the problem.
    Right, you have to also do what you mentioned. I was adding to it, not giving an alternative. People have reported the threading of the nut not being the same as an AR.

Feedback Score
    Integrated the MS3 Sling with my 16S in a manner that still allows the ability to transition without getting hung.

Clint

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Wrong thread for comments.
    Last edited by d90king; 05-11-12 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phester View Post
    Integrated the MS3 Sling with my 16S in a manner that still allows the ability to transition without getting hung.

Clint
    My only suggestion is running gutted 550 cord over the shackle. Just like a 249, no matter how little of metal to metal contact you have, it will eventually wear through a FN sling attachment point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    My only suggestion is running gutted 550 cord over the shackle.
    Everyone running a SCAR knows how frustrated it is at times trying to find AR accessories to fit our rifle, sometimes it works, and often times it doesn't. For the most part, I'll find a substitution that works eventually. The only thing that has never completely satisfied me no matter how many different things I try is this; the sling solution. There's always be something about it I could not live with.

N. Franklin, that sentence of yours has just changed that. You saved me( and hopefully many others who like to do the same thing) tons of headache, worries, and money( like its a freakin' GEICO insurance commercial)

Thanks a lot, man.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    My only suggestion is running gutted 550 cord over the shackle. Just like a 249, no matter how little of metal to metal contact you have, it will eventually wear through a FN sling attachment point.
    Thanks for the recommendation but my gun only rides on a sling for limited periods during drills, competition and an occasional class(I'm an old fart who only plays two or three times a month). The issue that I have had is finding an attachment that allows smooth rotation on all axis. The D clevis limits the MS3 clamp to one axis with some friction and the clevis compensates by allowing all 3 freely. I understand the 550 cord buffer idea but the added friction binds the movement of the clevis enough to cause issues. I tried the key ring, snap shackle, threaded link and snap swivel and had each method bind during shouldering and transition.

While this attachment method may be less than ideal for regular carry and give company armorers gritty drawers it works for me.

Happy Shooting,
    Clint

Feedback Score

FAL Magazines converted for SCAR H

I have done a post on FN forum but figured I would add it here, I have converted (easily) over 18 FAL Metric Magazines for my Scar 17 and they run great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0dNwx71IsJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TxLxuk3Q_uM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Dg_epQC5880

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ocghE2RAX_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7h5IhFstPZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XMPjKS90rQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uKkxcScT0w4

make sure you sand the feed lips to not scratch your rounds as the feed

Hope this helps
    DA - B4 1992
    SOTIC 1993
    getting old but can still shoot

in memory of Harvey, 5th SFG Sniper Locker

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I found that when I installed my PWS rail and then torqued the barrel screws properly (62 IN Lbs in an alternating fashion left side then right side starting from the back going forward) my groups tightened up a little. I dont know if they do this at the factory, i would think they do, and it is their instructions, however I do get better groups now. Seekonk makes a BT-2L T handle wrench that is set for 62 pounds and works well. Its a T-25 Torx bit BTW.

In live in a fantasy land, but I'm dead honest about it!
    Feedback Score

Groups tightened here as well after rail and re-torque

Maybe I lined myself up correctly behind the stock (and/or) - had a better cheek weld; a drunk pulled a hit and run on me at 50+ mph and broke a few of my rear molars and thoracic vertebre, which made anything but pistol shooting REAL painful.
    ...but after installing the FN front rail and a Geissele trigger and making sure everything was re-torqued to spec, viola, I shot one ragged hole with about 200 rounds the day after the install of the rail and trigger!

Need to get on the rear sling mod next; "rounded loop" seems like easiest and most efficient solution as I have the HK Hooks on my sling.

Thanks for all your help in finding the best mods to make this SCAR 16S be my g2g rifle; actually, I need more rounds through my OBR before this decision is made. But this post's experts have been a huge help in solving the few vexing probs this rifle gave me out of the shipping box!

Fenn
    FDFenn

"In the land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd like to add a small observation with regard to the binding of hooks and rings in the SCAR sling points that occurs during transitions.

After playing around with several types of hooks, rings, and just about every other type of hardware I could find, I noticed that just about all of them bind or grind to one extent or another.

I believe a major cause of this, beside the small size of the opening, is the sharp squared edges on the inside of the of the SCAR mount points. They seem to bite or snag some even on rounded rings.

I have not had time to test this out on one of my rifles by taking a dremel to them, but I will and I expect it to help a little.

--

Also, for California people, use the Raddlock bullet button. It is FAR better than the other options and allows you to keep the ORIGINAL mag release hardware in place and is therefore more easily reversable. You'll see what I mean when you get one.

---

BTW - Thanks for all the great tips.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast