Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your SCAR tips, tweaks, tricks, and odd bits here

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use the front mount from Parker Mountain Machine and the rear loop on the stock. I tried the rear mount but I dont like the way the rifle rides when using the SCAR's rear sling mount.

Rick

Feedback Score
    Last edited by BJV; 05-30-14 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    Yeah I've been waiting for those to get back in stock somewhere.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    Anyone compare or have thoughts on Parker Mountain Machine or Impact Weapons sling mounts?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I've settled on using a Fortis rail-mount QD in front, near the magwell. I have the PWS extension on both my 16 and 17, and that has QD sockets on both sides, if you don't mind your front attachment point being way out there.

I have a PMM QD on the left rear side, but so far have had pretty decent success with the Noveske QD socket that I drilled the stock for and installed just in front of the butt pad on the right side. If you don't want that hassle, the Vltor SCAR stock is a good alternative.
    I have far more guns than I realistically need, but far less than I want. - NongShim

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Since this thread is stickied, hopefully this won't be a too bad of a necropost. Seems the right place to put this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    Anyone compare or have thoughts on Parker Mountain Machine or Impact Weapons sling mounts?
    The IWC is low fat, low bulk, steel and GTG on my SCAR with an Ares Huskey MkII sling.

I have always had good luck with IWC stuff including my favorite thing ever with their MIL620 light mount. On the SCAR it's perfect and allows me to run a 900 lumen Surfire high and to the right tucked in close out of the way but still clears the front sight(barely).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by hank hill View Post
    my scar is pretty stock, I think the best upgrade is the geiselle 2 stage trigger.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have a trick for removing a stripped, seized gas jet? Not the regulator, the set screw that is underneath.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    — Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Try pb blaster. Let it soak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast