Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best "tactical" holster out there

Feedback Score

Best "tactical" holster out there

I have zero experience with the "tactical" drop-leg type holsters, am only vaguely familiar with the Safariland 6004, and need to be skooled.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on high quality, drop-leg, "tactical" type holsters. It would just be for the Glock 17. Wish I knew what the guys in combat are using, what they thing of them, and how they hold up.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Safariland 6004 series is really hard to beat.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have used several over the years and the Safariland 6004 is the best of the breed.

Do it yourself modified shroud on my work 6004 (learned about the modification on the internet. I would like to give credit to the person that I learned it from, but can't remember who it was):

-Jeff

Feedback Score
    The Safariland 6004 is most likely the best tactical holster out there right now. They are well made and can take a lot of abuse. I think Safariland makes one for every gun/light combination you would use.

There are only three types: Trained, Un-trained or JAFO.
    Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yup, I just got another 6004. It's a little different than the older version, mainly the part that curves around your thigh. Rock solid holster.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a 6004 and love it. I plan on buying another for my duty gun. What is this mod you speak of ??

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalikraven View Post
    I have a 6004 and love it. I plan on buying another for my duty gun. What is this mod you speak of ??
    I think HARV was the guy who posted it. I'm thinking of doing it myself.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Safariland 6004 series is really hard to beat.
    I was skeptical about buying one because I used to see so many used ones for sale on TOS. I guess people bought them, but realized that they didn't actually do anything to warrant owning high speed gear.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    Do it yourself modified shroud on my work 6004 ...

-Jeff
    And a very smart mod... unless a person is wearing some other piece of support equipment that absolutely requires the holster being lower, the gun (imho) should be in a "modified thigh rig", high enough up that it needs only one leg strap.

I have found "full" thigh mounted guns to be actually slower to get into play, difficult to draw from some positions and cumbersome when moving.

Oh, they do look cool though...

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I used a BlackHawk SERPA holster in Iraq and I loved it. It withstood the abuse we put it through. Never used a 6004 so i can't comment which is better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast