Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best "tactical" holster out there

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just ordered a CQC Serpa for $34.99 shipped over at Tactical store.com, it's made out of carbon fiber and seems to be an excellent deal.

Feedback Score
    Get a 6004 and modify it as noted.

The SERPA is a POS. Period. As noted elsewhere, the spring that powers the release mechanism is prone to rapidly fail, the release mechanism often jams with sand/dirt rendering the holster inoperable, and the belt plate screws fail allowing the holster to come unattached from the belt. In short SERPA's are utterly unacceptable for use where the end-user might actually have to get the pistol out of the holster in a lethal force encounter.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The SERPA is a POS. Period.
    I bought one of the Blackhawk paddle holsters (just for tooling around the house, grilling, etc.), and I'd say it falls in the same category. Cheap junk. I just spent less on a Safariland 5188 paddle holster that is 87 times superior in all ways.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ...87.... eh...

M_P

Feedback Score
    I'm with Doc on this. Our local "cool guys" are (were) issued the serpa. Meny of them have had multiple failuers/brakages with the "locking" system. One trooper broke several in less then a year.
    On the contrary, meny have used the same 6004 for multiple deployments. Recently, some have taken the Safari land 6377 ALS. They don't make them for the M9 yet. If you want a "push button" holster without a thumb bail, take a look at it. Like the 6004, you can put it on a leg shroud, offset drop or chest mount it.
    I think the 6004 is still the king though.
    Matt

Feedback Score
    If you decide to get a Safariland and are in no huge hurry you can try this post over on HKPro.com:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51046

This guy got me two complete Safariland 6004s for a SW M&P and a HK USP for about $120 shipped to me. Not each - together... I just had to wait about 6 weeks total...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    I had a pistol get stuck in a Serpa after low crawling in the mud stalking some deer. I smashed it flat after the trip.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTR View Post
    I have zero experience with the "tactical" drop-leg type holsters, am only vaguely familiar with the Safariland 6004, and need to be skooled.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on high quality, drop-leg, "tactical" type holsters. It would just be for the Glock 17. Wish I knew what the guys in combat are using, what they thing of them, and how they hold up.

Thanks.
    When I was over there it was the safariland that was preferred. When I got back I considered the serpa and was told by people that I trust that it's retention mechanism locks up and refuses to work in the sand. The safariland in my experience and the experience of others I know has worked out the best.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Do you wear an outer tactical vest? If not, there is no reason to go with a thigh-mounted holster. I am MUCH faster from my duty holster than I am from my 6004.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess I'll be O.K. as I'm not going into combat or clearing rooms nor will I be using it for CC, just the range and general use around the home place. Sounds like the 6004 is the way to go if your find yourself in a lot of Tactical situations and on the flip side I prefer an IWB for CC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast