Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AAR: Redback One 2 Day Basic Carbine, 3/31-4/1, 2012 - Wallingford, CT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know Jason mentioned in a previous AAR why he prefers the high mounted aimpoint, but I was wondering what kind of carbine he was running in the class. I see he us using an A2 stock and what looks to be a 16" SS barrel. Can anyone elaborate as to what Jason is testing with this setup?
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    I know Jason mentioned in a previous AAR why he prefers the high mounted aimpoint, but I was wondering what kind of carbine he was running in the class. I see he us using an A2 stock and what looks to be a 16" SS barrel. Can anyone elaborate as to what Jason is testing with this setup?
    Bowser,

Jason ran a gun that was in compliance with CT's assault weapons ban, still in force. The following two days after our class, he was teaching in NY, also a ban-state.

Not his ideal configuration!
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I'm surprised to see transitioning to pistol in a basic course. Is this a new variation on Jason's basic carbine course for this year? Great write up and great pictures!
    In the past, Jason noted that pistols are optional for Basic and Tactical carbine. I believe part of this is to accommodate folks who, due to state laws might are unable to bring one.

The transition to pistol in the event of a carbine stoppage is standard fare in the M4 carbine manual of arms, so I would suggest you bring a duty-grade (9mm minimum) pistol with two spare mags and about 200 rounds. IIRC, Jason runs a Glock 17 in his classes in a Safariland 6004 style holster. Make sure your holster is of a suitable make (Safariland, Comptac, Raven Concealment, etc). General rule of thumb: if you can buy a holster in a gun shop, it's probably not that great (my opinion).

If you don't have a pistol or can't bring one - no worries - you'll be practicing emergency carbine reloads instead.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    The transition to pistol in the event of a carbine stoppage is standard fare in the M4 carbine manual of arms, so I would suggest you bring a duty-grade (9mm minimum) pistol with two spare mags and about 200 rounds. IIRC, Jason runs a Glock 17 in his classes in a Safariland 6004 style holster. Make sure your holster is of a suitable make (Safariland, Comptac, Raven Concealment, etc). General rule of thumb: if you can buy a holster in a gun shop, it's probably not that great (my opinion).

If you don't have a pistol or can't bring one - no worries - you'll be practicing emergency carbine reloads instead.
    Roger. I took his basic pistol course last year and will be setting up my belt to hold my Glock when taking the basic carbine up here in Alaska. My Raven is mere weeks away from showing up (after a brutally long wait).
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234