Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bolt locking issues

Feedback Score
    + 1 on checking the bolt catch.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Most of these I have seen the spring was mixed up with the disconnector spring or was installed wrong. Do you have another spring to try?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    H buffer is the heaviest I use on a mid-length. H2s are for CAR gas guns and/or suppressed guns.
    I'm going to order a standard today and see how it works later this week. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trlcavscout View Post
    Most of these I have seen the spring was mixed up with the disconnector spring or was installed wrong. Do you have another spring to try?
    Nope, I keep my FCG parts away from everything else. I have a separate lower with a DD LPK and carbine RE, so I'm going to throw the H2 into that and try it with my upper. I wish I would have remembered to bring it a few days ago.

Feedback Score
    I had the nipple on the bolt catch, the protrusion that the mag follower comes in contact with, break off. Check your bolt catch with your upper off and an empty mag in the well. It's easy to miss.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My money's on short stroking/H2 buffer. Run a std H buffer and see what happens.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    My money's on short stroking/H2 buffer. Run a std H buffer and see what happens.
    +1 on this... I'd definitely run an H buffer before diagnosing anything else. It's a cheep/quick check.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Gen. George Smith Patton Jr.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I got around to shooting again today and now I have a new problem.

I tried a BCM standard & H buffer. Both buffers will lock back only 90% of the time.

Internals are fine, nothing is broken or defective. Ammo used was from a different lot of Federal M193. I ran 30 rounds of 75gr .223 Hornady TAP and the bolt locked back for all of the rounds.

I've never had a problem with Federal M193 being underpowered (and I don't think the ammo is at fault here), so this is kind of weird.
    Last edited by товарищ; 04-13-12 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently replaced a slightly out of spec LMT bolt catch. Might wanna give that a try if you have a spare laying around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    I recently replaced a slightly out of spec LMT bolt catch. Might wanna give that a try if you have a spare laying around.
    Thanks, works flawless now!
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    I don't have a spare, but I'm going to retry this tomorrow with a DD catch. I should have just stuck with a DD LPK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast