Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st choice Colt 6920 - is the Spikes STR5025 a good 2nd choice?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letterby View Post
    http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/CO6920.aspx

Just sayin'. Took all of 2 seconds. Don't know much bout this retailer though.
    I just got mine from DSG for just over $1k total.

Rifle $995 + $12 S/H + $20 transfer = $1027

The downside is I waited 73 days between order and picking it up. Also the day I got my invoice I checked the website and they where still listed as out of stock. So to get at that price you are probably going to have to put in a back order.

DSG was a pleasure to work with.

Good things come to those who wait.
    Last edited by QuackXP; 06-10-12 at 21:18.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

My second choice, would be a 6721.

Or a BCM.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Colt 6720, then 6920, then BCM 16" LW Middy, then DD V5 Middy. LMT Defender would be up there too.

So many fantastic options within that cost range that are better.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    With the current real world pricing, it's tough to not go with the Colt 6920.

My second choice would be the Colt 6720.

BCM, Daniel Defense and LMT are also good guns in my opinion. But with current availability and pricing, Colt is my recommendation.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 06-13-12 at 09:21.

Feedback Score
    You would be hard pressed to beat the value of the successor to the LE, (or it's return) the SP6920 MOE with Magpul accessories. Ever since Colt bought out Armalite's military contracts they've been supplying AR's to our armed forces and the 6920 is the closest you're gonna get to one without enlisting! But hey, although I love my Colts, I enjoy my Bushmasters and M&P, so don't feel as if you're not in some special club if you don't get the Colt. Just get an AR and enjoy yourself. BTW- just picked up a Bushmaster Carbon 15 for $619! and I have to say I love all FIVE pounds of it. You got choices man.

Feedback Score
    The main issue I have with the 6920 - and Colt's offerings in general - is that they're behind the times when it comes to modern ergonomic offerings. The MOE edition 6920s are a good start, but it'd be nice to see a true midlength factory Colt with Magpul middie handguards, or a 13" rail on that recent run of LT6720s they did with the Troy TRX handguards.

Granted, you can always buy the base 6920 and chop the FSB or add a low-pro gas block and run whatever freefloat rail you desire later.

Either way, if you buy the 6920 you'll be getting rock-solid internals. As others have mentioned, Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT or Noveske offerings are often the better off-the-shelf buy for features, but if you can't get them on the open market, they may as well not exist.
    Last edited by pentosinjunkie; 07-28-12 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SCPAKMAN View Post
    That is Peoples Republic of California for you. FFL charges are way too high.
    Move to Arizona!

Feedback Score

Move to Az?

Well...was planning on getting a little practice time in at Ben Avery, but if you are in fact living here you know it's kind of like being in Guadalcanal (minus the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere boys of course). Thinking about Alaska next.

Feedback Score
    In a word, no.

Feedback Score
    My LGS over ordered a supply of 6920's. I got mine for 1025 plus tax.

Great deal. Great rifle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast