Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does CA approved mean?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

What does CA approved mean?

Without getting my head bit off I did search the archives and reading between the lines, CA approved just means it's on a list that's approved for sale in the state of California?

Feedback Score
    I believe they can only be shipped with 10rd mags, and for the ar it has a bullet button for the mag release, so you have to use a bullet or some kind of tool to drop the mag.

Feedback Score
    Communist Approved.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All of your answers here,

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Feedback Score
    I believe CA retained the Federal AWB and added some of their own enhancements.
    There is a list of non-compliant features and make/models of weapons somewhere in the Googleverse.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectDrive View Post
    I believe CA retained the Federal AWB and added some of their own enhancements.
    There is a list of non-compliant features and make/models of weapons somewhere in the Googleverse.
    Not quite, CA had its own, unique ban from the Fed ban and the info you reference in your second sentence is in the link posted above.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ChocLab; 07-13-13 at 15:58. Reason: ......
    Realization/Goal for me, average civilian shooter: Spend at least 5 hours dry firing, drills, shooting, getting proper live instruction for every 1 hour spent surfing forums about equipment set up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CA =

Communist Authoritarian

Thus, a CA approved rifle means that said rifle has been sufficiently ruined and neutered to the point that it is no longer a fighting weapon.

The CA's wanted and pushed for this so that their goon squads will meet negligible resistance from the free and armed portion of the populace once they begin their "great purge" or "great cleansing"

I hope this helps

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    CA =

Communist Authoritarian

Thus, a CA approved rifle means that said rifle has been sufficiently ruined and neutered to the point that it is no longer a fighting weapon.

The CA's wanted and pushed for this so that their goon squads will meet negligible resistance from the free and armed portion of the populace once they begin their "great purge" or "great cleansing"

I hope this helps

So true. Properly conveyed sir.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

2 different things

I think everyone has already included the main points, but to clarify, there are 2 different issues in this discussion:

The first being the Safe Handgun List, which is a list of approved (legal for sale) handguns as maintained by Cal DOJ. There are various criteria and fees involved in order to get on, and stay on the list. Handguns do fall under the pre-ban/post ban 10 round magazine limit.

Secondly, there is the assault weapon ban which factors into the AR debate. Instead of an "approved list" as is the case with handguns, there is a list of banned "assault weapons" (by brand and model number) plus a set of features which render a non-list rifle either legal or non-legal (assault weapon). In the case of rifles, the pre-ban magazine rule does not apply. Centerfire rifle + hi (normal) capacity magazine= assault weapon no matter when the magazine was made or entered the state.

Hope that all helps.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast