Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does CA approved mean?

Feedback Score

What does CA approved mean?

Without getting my head bit off I did search the archives and reading between the lines, CA approved just means it's on a list that's approved for sale in the state of California?

Feedback Score
    I believe they can only be shipped with 10rd mags, and for the ar it has a bullet button for the mag release, so you have to use a bullet or some kind of tool to drop the mag.

Feedback Score
    Communist Approved.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All of your answers here,

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Feedback Score
    I believe CA retained the Federal AWB and added some of their own enhancements.
    There is a list of non-compliant features and make/models of weapons somewhere in the Googleverse.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectDrive View Post
    I believe CA retained the Federal AWB and added some of their own enhancements.
    There is a list of non-compliant features and make/models of weapons somewhere in the Googleverse.
    Not quite, CA had its own, unique ban from the Fed ban and the info you reference in your second sentence is in the link posted above.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ChocLab; 07-13-13 at 15:58. Reason: ......
    Realization/Goal for me, average civilian shooter: Spend at least 5 hours dry firing, drills, shooting, getting proper live instruction for every 1 hour spent surfing forums about equipment set up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It means progressive hippy approved. I live in california. I feel the bullet button is LESS safe. Not only does it make your weapon harder to unload, it has caused my rifle to FTF. Theres this little "castle nut" that you thread over the mag release... It had worked its way loose while firing, and my magazine became partially unseated.

It really sucks, reading these forums, and wishing I could use 30 round STANDARD capacity mags. I really, really want to buy some 30 round PMAGS, but I refuse to bastardize them by pinning them for 10. All the guys at the range I go to have "30" round PMAGS, and it just causes trouble, as the range officer has to ask if they're pinned for 10 constantly.

I'm moving.

If any of you for any reason, plan or would like to move here..... Stay away. Stay faaaaaar away. The assinine gun laws are only the tip of this diseased iceberg.

Feedback Score
    Yeah no kidding. What are you supposed to do, get rid of your most effective tools in order to live there? Hell no.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrampusArms View Post
    It means progressive hippy approved. I live in california. I feel the bullet button is LESS safe. Not only does it make your weapon harder to unload, it has caused my rifle to FTF. Theres this little "castle nut" that you thread over the mag release... It had worked its way loose while firing, and my magazine became partially unseated.

It really sucks, reading these forums, and wishing I could use 30 round STANDARD capacity mags. I really, really want to buy some 30 round PMAGS, but I refuse to bastardize them by pinning them for 10. All the guys at the range I go to have "30" round PMAGS, and it just causes trouble, as the range officer has to ask if they're pinned for 10 constantly.

I'm moving.

If any of you for any reason, plan or would like to move here..... Stay away. Stay faaaaaar away. The assinine gun laws are only the tip of this diseased iceberg.
    Wow, where do you shoot where they ask you if they're pinned? There's no legal requirement for them to be pinned either so long as they are 'permanently' modified. The legal term is less than defined.

But yeah, as soon as my time is up here in SD, I'm outta here as well lolz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast