Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What does CA approved mean?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It means neutered.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CA Approved

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    It means neutered.
    How is it neutered? I have three Stag lowers and the only difference between them and my registered assault weapon is the bullet button. I look at the bullet button as a way to tel the DOJ to STFU, they tried to used a long fingernail to actuate the BB, couldn't do it.
    Yes there is a limit of ten rounds for the mags, but how is that different than the limits else where?
    If the current lawsuit against the AWB is successful then it wil change the dynamics in the state. When the AWB in Cal was put in place the state said that would decrease the amount of "assault weapons" in Cal, well since then there are so many off list lowers being sold is just nuts. You go to a good gun show and every body and his brother are selling complete rifles and uppers.
    Most of the limits were put in place during the 90's, now people are tired of being told how guns are evil, it is like the war on drugs, the government says something is bad and Joe Blow looks at his bong or AR 15 and sees how that is a lie..

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drrufo View Post
    How is it neutered? I have three Stag lowers and the only difference between them and my registered assault weapon is the bullet button. I look at the bullet button as a way to tel the DOJ to STFU, they tried to used a long fingernail to actuate the BB, couldn't do it.
    Yes there is a limit of ten rounds for the mags, but how is that different than the limits else where?
    If the current lawsuit against the AWB is successful then it wil change the dynamics in the state. When the AWB in Cal was put in place the state said that would decrease the amount of "assault weapons" in Cal, well since then there are so many off list lowers being sold is just nuts. You go to a good gun show and every body and his brother are selling complete rifles and uppers.
    Most of the limits were put in place during the 90's, now people are tired of being told how guns are evil, it is like the war on drugs, the government says something is bad and Joe Blow looks at his bong or AR 15 and sees how that is a lie..
    Pretty sure you answered your own question.

Bullet button is the biggest.

I don't think you can have a collapsible stock, flash hider or a newly made +30 round magazine.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The bullet button allows you to have the collapsible stock, flash hider, pistol grip, etc. The key to the whole issue is if the mag is "removable". The age of the magazine does not matter in California.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score

Poeples Republik of Kalifornia

The above thread is the reason that I left Kalifornia in 1995. After the second amnesty for registering "Assault Weapons", it was simply time to go to a place which allowed me the rights guaranteed in the Constitution!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CA approved

I just finished my fifth off list lower build. All of them were Stag and all have the bullet button, they all have a ten round magazine in the well when the bulid is done so no one can claim they are illegal with a large capacity magazine in them.
    If I move out of California when I retire, I can take the bullet button off and the rifle is no different than any one in any "free" state". Not one ounce of difference. How are they neutered? When I cross the Colorado into Arizona today the button comes off and if I come back it goes on.

There may be other reasons to bitch about the gun laws in California and we all do, believe me, but the button requirement is really a non issue.
    Last edited by drrufo; 04-15-12 at 14:30. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score

Angry

To Drrufo:

Gun laws were only part of the issues that I had with Kalifornia. The political climate sucks on all fronts! I refused to be "represented" by Waters, Waxman, Boxer, Feinstein, et all. And now I just shake my head at the election of Governor "Moonbeam", what are people thinking?

I spent 28 years in the state and that was all I could stand!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuvik View Post
    The bullet button allows you to have the collapsible stock, flash hider, pistol grip, etc. The key to the whole issue is if the mag is "removable". The age of the magazine does not matter in California.
    I didn't know that. That's better than I thought.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CA approved

tbrik, I agree with you about the so called government. The incompetence and lying is pervasive in every city as well as the state government. Its just my career and family is tied to Calif. and I'm not sure i would move when I retire.

Feedback Score
    California Approved because california has different laws.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123