Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What does CA approved mean?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay35 View Post
    Yeah no kidding. What are you supposed to do, get rid of your most effective tools in order to live there? Hell no.
    Essentially yes. You can have your AR15 & Glocks here, but you just have to neuter them. Anything beyond 10 round capacity is a big no no, unless you have preban mags.

I once brought in my lower to the gunshop I bought it from, to have them install a sling endplate. (Didn't feel like buying the wrench) I had just the lower, and I popped out the magazine before I left. As soon as the gunsmith there saw I didn't have my magazine in the lower, he about damn near tore my head off. He told me that without a magazine fixed in place my lower could readily accept a 30 round at any time making it a felony. He reached under the counter & placed a 10 rounder in it before doing the work. After my part was installed he removed the mag & told me never to walk in the store without a mag fixed in place. He was very stern.

This is the type of irrational crap we have to go through. It really is insane and illogical.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Damn KrampusArms, if you're in SD I have a new range and smith for you...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CA =

Communist Authoritarian

Thus, a CA approved rifle means that said rifle has been sufficiently ruined and neutered to the point that it is no longer a fighting weapon.

The CA's wanted and pushed for this so that their goon squads will meet negligible resistance from the free and armed portion of the populace once they begin their "great purge" or "great cleansing"

I hope this helps

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoSauce View Post
    Damn KrampusArms, if you're in SD I have a new range and smith for you...
    About the range, I'd rather not say which one. I don't blame the range officer or smith whatsoever. They're just trying to cover their asses. That's the type of paranoia you have to have to stay out of trouble. At least where I'm located it seems. I feel lucky to at least own an AR pattern rifle. And fortunately it's not like they're permanently modified. As soon as were in a free state, we can change it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    CA =

Communist Authoritarian

Thus, a CA approved rifle means that said rifle has been sufficiently ruined and neutered to the point that it is no longer a fighting weapon.

The CA's wanted and pushed for this so that their goon squads will meet negligible resistance from the free and armed portion of the populace once they begin their "great purge" or "great cleansing"

I hope this helps

So true. Properly conveyed sir.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

2 different things

I think everyone has already included the main points, but to clarify, there are 2 different issues in this discussion:

The first being the Safe Handgun List, which is a list of approved (legal for sale) handguns as maintained by Cal DOJ. There are various criteria and fees involved in order to get on, and stay on the list. Handguns do fall under the pre-ban/post ban 10 round magazine limit.

Secondly, there is the assault weapon ban which factors into the AR debate. Instead of an "approved list" as is the case with handguns, there is a list of banned "assault weapons" (by brand and model number) plus a set of features which render a non-list rifle either legal or non-legal (assault weapon). In the case of rifles, the pre-ban magazine rule does not apply. Centerfire rifle + hi (normal) capacity magazine= assault weapon no matter when the magazine was made or entered the state.

Hope that all helps.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KrampusArms View Post
    It means progressive hippy approved. I live in california. I feel the bullet button is LESS safe. Not only does it make your weapon harder to unload, it has caused my rifle to FTF. Theres this little "castle nut" that you thread over the mag release... It had worked its way loose while firing, and my magazine became partially unseated.

It really sucks, reading these forums, and wishing I could use 30 round STANDARD capacity mags. I really, really want to buy some 30 round PMAGS, but I refuse to bastardize them by pinning them for 10. All the guys at the range I go to have "30" round PMAGS, and it just causes trouble, as the range officer has to ask if they're pinned for 10 constantly.

I'm moving.

If any of you for any reason, plan or would like to move here..... Stay away. Stay faaaaaar away. The assinine gun laws are only the tip of this diseased iceberg.
    Hammerhead grip. Works great. Function over fashion and allows you to have standard mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DOA View Post
    Hammerhead grip. Works great. Function over fashion and allows you to have standard mags.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we would still be restricted to 10 rounders even with that hideous abomination. Now, I have never held the hammerhead, but it is so butt ugly that I chose the BS button. Love the A2 grip too much.

I also understand, again correct me if I'm wrong, that to utilize the hammerhead and have a normal mag release, you would have to go "featureless". No flash hider, bayo lug, or collapsing stock.

I'm not positive however, but thats what I recollect.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrampusArms View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we would still be restricted to 10 rounders even with that hideous abomination. Now, I have never held the hammerhead, but it is so butt ugly that I chose the BS button. Love the A2 grip too much.

I also understand, again correct me if I'm wrong, that to utilize the hammerhead and have a normal mag release, you would have to go "featureless". No flash hider, bayo lug, or collapsing stock.

I'm not positive however, but thats what I recollect.
    Yes.

Also, you can use standard mags on featureless rifles only if you owned those magazines prior to the ban.

See Calguns.net for all guides, charts, and discussion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wish I could find it But I read a story somewhere about Jesse James (the Bike Builder) Cutting on CA for the Gun Laws Now He Lives in Texas He owns several Weapons Including a tricked out BAR that the sons of guns did

He talks about the Joy and relaxing times he has being able to own Firearms Now to Protect His family .

He also said he was Glad to move from a State that banned everything and said he would not go back .

NRA Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast