Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawson rail for 1911s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dawson rail for 1911s

Anyone know if the Dawson rail adaptors will fit the X300 in addition to the 200 series lights? I'm thinking of adding a rail to my 1911

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    NCPatrolAR,

I shipped one of my 1911's there right before Christmas.

They called me as soon as they recived it and said they ordered a X300 from SF to make sure it would fit the existing dimensions of their rail.

Have not heard anything yet.

Jim

Feedback Score
    Yup, just need to order the 6 hole adapter, I think the early x200s had 4 screws to hold the mounting rails to the light body. I've never seen one personally.

Dawson is another one of the great companies out there with exceptional customer service. Dave has always answered the phone himself, answered every question I've asked, and took the order. You can't beat that.

Feedback Score
    Dawson is good people.

I ordered a rail for my Springfield. Somehow the order got misplaced and I called a few weeks later to see what the status was. The woman who answered the phone said they were out of Springfield spec rails. They machined a new rail just for me...no extra charge.

I would not hesitate to order from them again.
    "There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we're too afraid, too unskilled, or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our houses, and out of our faces. We just don't want to see how its done."
    -Charles H. Webb, Ph.D.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK I dug this up instead of starting a new thread. If there's no visibility I'll start a new thread, but I figured I'd start here.

So I have a bit of a pistol light dilemma. I own a P99 and a SA Loaded 1911. The P99 (2 gen) has got a weird rail on it, and currently the only available pistol light available is the TLR-1 (with the S&W key), and honestly with the new LED upgrade I feel it is comparable to an X300 at half the price. This is good and bad.

My 1911 does not have a rail. I have been looking at the Surefire MR07 rail thingy. This is nice, but it will really limit holster options with the light mounted. I really like the Dawson rail, but I have some concerns. I think I could install it myself, however I may have a smith do it so I don't worry about F'ing up my pistol. Mainly though, I am not sure it will work with the TLR-1. I mean I could try to drum up a X200 in the for-sale forum, but I really only want to buy 1 light right now. So, can anyone tell me if the TLR-1 works with the Dawson rail?

Anyway thanks for looking.

ETA: ok, upon further research I see the "narrow rail" modification is necessary to use a light with the Dawson. Hmm... Looks like Dawson, + used X200, plus install will be $250-300. Hmm...Could save some by DIY but I really don't want to mess up my $800 Springer.

ETA 2: OK well thanks to the Doc and the Janitor I have decided to go this route for my 1911 and just get seperate lights for both guns. New C4 TLR-1 inbound, gonna hafta wait for the next paycheck for the Dawson...
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 11-22-08 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    The Dawson rail works for X200/300/400 only.

These are great rails and are our preferred mount for the 1911.

Dawson does a great job installing them.

Don't hesitate to go this way...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    drake installed one on a 1911 and ordered the 6 hole adapter for the x200/300. it's being Melonited right now. hopefully i can take some good pics when it comes back in a couple weeks.
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is the turnaround like on the Dawson service?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    YES.

They function flwalessly and are the heat.

My two I have had done were done inside of two weeks.

Feedback Score
    Dawson rails are the standard that others are measured by. I have a Dawson on my 1911 that I use with my X300. Works great.
    Cold Zero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast