Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire X300 Question

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Surefire X300 Question

When I rack or send the slide home on an M&P9, the X300 momentarily blinks on because of how sensitive the switch is. Is there any way to prevent this?
    Last edited by товарищ; 04-13-12 at 23:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Call Surefire. I've had a X200, 2 X300s, and a DG switch. They have all been fairly stiff and didnt do what you are describing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seconded. Send in for warranty service.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thirded.

That's not normal. Every X200 and X300 I've used has required a very deliberate press for activation, in both momentary and constant on.

I've seen handheld SFs do something similar when mounted to long guns (and only E-series lights with no spring at the + contact, allowing the batteries and spring to bounce during manipulations). But even then, it's flickering/ mode switching when the light is already 'on'. I don't think I've ever seen a SF that activates momentarily when the light is 'off'.

SF should take care of you.
    Last edited by 750.356; 04-14-12 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks, everyone. I'll go ahead and give SF a call on Monday. I knew I should've waited out for an X300 Ultra

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    SF has the best CS I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I'm sure they will get you squared away.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've experienced the opposite! The switch seems unusually stiff. It almost seems like there isn't a momentary on, just a constant. I'm thinking it will break in with use?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowandLeft View Post
    I've experienced the opposite! The switch seems unusually stiff. It almost seems like there isn't a momentary on, just a constant. I'm thinking it will break in with use?
    They are stiff. They do work in some though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowandLeft View Post
    The X300 is unlike most weapon-mounted lights in that the momentary-activation is accomplished by pushing forward on the polymer activation switch (instead of rocking it up or down).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glin1216 View Post
    The X300 is unlike most weapon-mounted lights in that the momentary-activation is accomplished by pushing forward on the polymer activation switch (instead of rocking it up or down).
    Brilliant! Thanks! I just got one last week and I expected it to function like my previous Streamlights. I liked it before, but now it's just gravy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast